My 10 Otaku Dreams

June 18, 2010 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Otaku Lists

Dreams and wishes are an integral part of our life that they can define who we are and what we do. They can also intertwine with our hobbies that it extends upon our identity. Being a person who has indulged himself into the otaku world brought on by anime and moé girls I have many dreams. Some dreams and wishes can come true, but also some may not. So here I will share with you my 10 otaku dreams.

The meaning behind some of these dreams/wishes is that I would reach that pinnacle of happiness to satisfy the otaku side of me. And of course it can’t be separate “this person is mai waifu” as when combined it essentially becomes a harem. Oh and these are in no particular order.

Dream Number 1 – To have 12 little sisters

Well its obvious where this comes from. Being the youngest of 4 children I don’t know what it’s like having a little sister. But the idea of 12 sisters calling me different variations of onii-chan sounds like paradise, but of course could never work in the real world.

Dream Number 2 – Drive 300km/h on the Wangan

Now I have managed to reach 210km/h on my way to Gunma but there is a BIG difference between 210 and 300. There is a certain excitement about reaching insane speeds and at 300km/h it’s an entirely different world. This is an achievable dream but of course highly illegal and I would most likely get myself killed

Dream Number 3 – Have yozuca* and rino sing on my wedding day

For those who don’t know yozuca* and rino sing for majority of the songs for Circus’ games and the Da Capo anime series. I’m a massive fans and absolutely love their songs. It would be an absolute pleasure for them to sing at my one special day.

Dream Number 4 – Pilot a Gundam

I do like a good mecha series and there is none more outstanding than Gundam. of course the human race is still years away from making giant robots that actually work I doubt it will be within my lifetime. Though if I had to be specific it would definitely be the Zeta Gundam that I would pilot.

Dream Number 5 – Take a journey with Holo

The beauty of any journey is not jut the journey itself, but also the people that you encounter or the people that are with you on the journey. With a horse and wagon to travel on and with a companion like the Wise Wolf of Yoitsu, Holo, there would be many great adventures. Whether they’ll be sad or happy, bring us riches or rags, one thing for sure is that the bonds between us would be quite dynamic.

Dream Number 6 – Learn the art of Hokuto Shinken

In a world that could at any time reach nuclear apocalypse it’s survival of the fittest. And in that time there is no other skill needed than Hokuto Shinken. But I do admit that I would like the idea of defeating my foes and saying “omae wa mou shindeiru”. Though let me say that if a friend has died either at the hands of others or by my own hands, there’ll definitely be MANLY TEARS.

Dream Number 7 – Experience high school where girls wear sailor uniforms

High school for me was pretty bland since it was all study and all work (family restaurant meant NO FREE TIME). Uniforms were simply polo shirts and shorts (or pleated skirts for girls) as wearing anything like they do in Japanese high schools in Australian weather would simply make you die. And of course seeing cute girls in the uniform is definitely a plus, and there might even be some romance this time around.

Dream Number 8 – Visit Gensokyo

I’m not a massive fan of Touhou, but I do admit that the world of Gensokyo is quite intriguing.There certainly is a vast number of characters to meet and I’m sure it would take more than a human lifetime to know them all. But of course the first person I would like to meet is my one and only Reisen.

Dream Number 9 – Spend my retirement in Neo Venezia

Now what kind of ARIA fan would I be if I didn’t have a wish related to it. Everyone in their lifetime will eventually come to retirement. Its not a matter of when you’ll retire (well personally I’d like to retire now) but where. For me there would be no other place than Neo Venezia where I could sit in San Marco square drinking coffee, explore the many alleys in search of a treasure, or perhaps even have a lovely girl take me around on her gondola. It would be the perfect place to live out peacefully.

Dream Number 10 – To have Shirakawa Kotori as my wife

Now I wouldn’t be an otaku if I didn’t have a bride in mind. This of course was hard to narrow down to only just one as there are many potential brides to choose from. But for me it had to be Shirakawa Kotori. The other would be Shirakawa Nanaka as I do love the more active attitude she has however it’s Kotori’s kindness and dedication that wins me over. And I’m sure we’ll find happiness and live out our elderly years in Neo Venezia.

So there you have it, my top otaku dreams. Of course there could be many more to add to the list but these are the most defining of them all. What kind of otaku dreams/wishes do you have?

16 Responses to My 10 Otaku Dreams

Shin

June 18th, 2010 at 1:06 am

Mine are way too explicit to list here, but I would say that I want your first wish as well.

Shin’s last blog post..Day Out With Rinko

Panther

June 18th, 2010 at 1:15 am

Your first wish is good, and I hardly mind yozuca* singing either. Number 7 is fine too. But all ten of my dreams will be marrying all my various 2D harem waifu’s, probably.

Panther’s last blog post..Kenichi 386 – Bike Lancer Shigure

Matteas

June 18th, 2010 at 1:27 am

All your dreams are wonderful, but number 9 is by far the best from my viewpoint.

Matteas’s last blog post..Moyashimon Live Action Drama New Trailer

Kleo

June 18th, 2010 at 1:58 am

Number 9 is the best! For me it would be number 1. And you can skip the retirement part. I’d like to get there right now. :)

Kleo’s last blog post..Old drawing, new colours.

The Otakuologist

June 18th, 2010 at 10:21 am

Wow, this is a really great post. It never occurred to me that there would be otaku dreams even though I have a few of my own. In my own American otaku fashion, I had crushes on both Trixie from “Speed Racer” and Betty Cooper from the “Archie” comics when I was very young. I even had romantic, (not perverted) dreams about Betty in my early teens.

I think I’m going to expand on this on my blog…

Anyways, I like the rest of your blog. I think I’m going to add it to my blogroll. Take care.

The Otakuologist’s last blog post..Should Donald Glover Play Peter Parker In The Next Spider-Man Movie?

June 18th, 2010 at 10:37 am

Shin: I can only imagine what your dreams would be like.

Panther: Well listing out 10 waifus would defeat the purpose of this post. This is about dreams/wishes that you would like to achieve that would make you reach that height of happiness that you can achieve on your own.

Matteas: It took me a while to actually realise that this was one of the top 10 dreams.

Kleo: My reason for it being in the retirement phase is that I can take it more slowly and relaxing where at my current age I would rush through it all.

The Otakuologist: Well dreams aren’t all about having fantasies with charas of the opposite sex. My definition of dreams where is more about experiences. So say in an American sense, a fan of Spiderman would dream to be Spiderman himself.

Makoto Sawatari

June 18th, 2010 at 5:58 pm

11. Beating Touhou 12 on Lunatic :D

Kila

June 20th, 2010 at 8:23 am

I have to say, Your dreams are pretty cool, Especially 4 and 9.
Mine would be something along the lines of being best friends with Konata from lucky star and such. Heh, not quite as interesting as yours (^_^;;)

Kila’s last blog post..What I’ve been up to

June 20th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I wanna put you in my shoes and see what it feels like to have even 1 little sister let alone 12. -_-

No. 5 and No. 9 will be my idea ones. No. 9 will come true if I had the money. :(

Optic’s last blog post..Got Nendoroid Kirisame Marisa!!!

June 21st, 2010 at 11:04 am

Kila: I put a lot of thought into this list of dreams and I’m sure you could think of some interesting dreams as well.

Optic: The idea of 12 sisters may put you off, but this is an otaku dream where sisters are like how they act in anime. Still 1 little sister can’t be such a bad thing right?

meronpan

June 22nd, 2010 at 3:40 am

this is an excellent list ^^

like the variety ranging from gundam & cars to mai waifu moe ^^

i think one of my otaku dream/wishes would be to live out a harem scenario, complete with harem end, of course ^^; just off the top of my head, keitarou (love hina) had it pretty good :P

meronpan’s last blog post..二年か

Pudding

June 23rd, 2010 at 1:15 pm

ahaha… nice dreams there…

a couple of those dreams i will choose too…

pilot a gundam… experience romantic high school life… but ya… gensokyo and neo venezia are a couple of the fictional areas i would so want to visit XD

Pudding’s last blog post..Supanova Sydney Sunday 2010

RocK_M

June 27th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Yey for Sis Pri! xD

skiglemigle

July 27th, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I’ve gotta agree with you on the high school uniforms! Your post was- inspireing!(?), and I ended up getting really into it! http://skiglemigle.livejournal.com/2010/07/25/

HisuiIBMPower4

August 1st, 2010 at 9:20 am

I remeber one of my friend Do perform K-on song on his wedding(he and his Fiancée).My Otaku dream have changed radically recently now I’m dreaming about achive “Strong superhumanity” or construct Stellar engine

General

August 17th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Man, your dreams are awesome. I would like to have your 5th wish too ^^ Holo is really sweet and I really adore her. =)