The Next Adventure

April 12, 2010 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Everyday Life, Miscellaneous

As a young, mid-20 year old bachelor, I have a hunger to explore the world. Whether it be from something local, perhaps even interstate, or even overseas, I will be looking forward to expand my knowledge of the world. Well its been at least 20 months since I last went traveling, and with all the ups and downs that I have gone through in these past 20 months, another holiday is in order.

Image Source

My last holiday was the EPIC one month trip to Japan where I did such things as go to the 3 major events: Summer Wonderfest, Comiket74, and Chara Hobby. I also did things like a car hire, visited Tokyo DisneySea, and even tried out a maid cafe. And lets not forget about my my massive shopping spree. So having done all that and more one would say that I’ve done everything “touristy” and done most of the otaku things as well and that I wouldn’t really want to go back. Well that’s true and at the time I said I was bored of Japan.

But I would say that the otaku BURNING PASSION got the best of me. Yes I shall be returning to Japan for a holiday BUT Japan is only one of the places that I’ll be visiting. There are also two other places that I’ll be visiting: Hong Kong and Singapore. Hong Kong I’ve been wanting to go for a while as it has been over 12-13 years since I last went and I barely remember anything of it. Not to mention I have family over there as well. Singapore is a place that I’ve wanted to visit for a while as well.

So why Japan as well? The answer is simple: Doll Show 29. Given my newfound hobby into dollfie dreams I’ve been wanting to attend one of these doll shows. Plus one of my travel companions hasn’t been to Japan so it works out for all of us. But as the trip overall I’m also hoping to work out some business deals in Hong Kong if things turn out well by the time I go.

Originally the plan for my holiday was: Malaysia and Singapore. But then we threw in Hong Kong. but since we’re going to Hong Kong, I wanted to go to Japan for a short trip. As a I said, it’s about exploring the world and its good to start from Asia. Europe at this point for me is still out of my budget. So the trip is as follows:

• Hong Kong: 30th August – 6th September
  • Japan: 6th – 16th September (my travel mates return to Sydney on the 13th)
  • Singapore: 16th – 21st September

So once again I will be gone for about 3 weeks and I have a week to recover/laze once I return back to Sydney before returning to work. And with just over 5 months left until I go, it’s time to save hardcore once again. This trip I don’t plan to purchase too many otaku goods. This time I plan to buy a new camera (possibly a Canon 5D MkII), a whole bunch of stuff from Doll Show 29, and a lot of clothes.

But of course I don’t know much about Hong Kong or Singapore so I’ll be doing some research over the next few months to work out a list of things to do. Japan as well is going to be hard since I have done most of the things I wanted to do last time. However I am open to suggestions from everyone.

9 Responses to The Next Adventure

anonymous_object

April 13th, 2010 at 5:27 am

Ah, a doll show. That would be a lot of fun ^^. *Is slightly jealous…
5D2 is a great camera, hope you are able to get it. I love mine :D

anonymous_object’s last blog post..Boo Boo KagaBoo!

Zyl

April 13th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Wow, hopefully we can meetup in Singapore. Looking forward to your trip planning updates!

Zyl’s last blog post..Tears for Tiara

Pudding

April 13th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

wow…. seems fun… i wanna go as well >____< too bad i cant go

Pudding’s last blog post..Animania Melbourne April 2010

AOforever1

April 13th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Enjoy your vacation Adun!
Get a MKII, it’s just the way to go. Full Frame and awesome high ISO.

AOforever1′s last blog post..Site Updates Coming Soon…

April 13th, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Have fun on your trip Adun! Exploring the world is a good thing. It gives a new perspective of life outside of where we grew up. Also, many times, an appreciation for the things we take for granted.

Hong Kong is really nice from what I hear. Singapore as well (but expensive). For Japan, if you like visiting old places that not many folks visit I can recommend a few outside of the usual Kyoto/Nara/Miyajima.

Shirakawago – Of course, you know about this one. :D The town Higurashi was based on. I don’t believe it should be covered in snow in September so you should be good.

Taya Cavern – a little known ancient monk temple which was hand dug through solid rock in Yokohama. It has lots of ancient art and even a man made water and ventilation system. It was probably the most unique place I’ve ever visited.

Nokogiriyama – an area across the bay from Kurihama and along the trails of a fairly large mountain. There is an ancient stone Buddha there that is twice the size of the Kamakura one (and larger then the Nara one). Also, there are hundreds of hand carved Buddhist statues and an extremely large hand carved religious image carved in solid rock.

I’ve lived in Japan for 2 and a half years and out of all the places I’ve been to, I think these are the most unique and memorable.

Sorry for the book. ^^;

Have fun on your trip and at the Doll Show. You will not be disappointed with the Tokyo Doll Show. Just a heads up. The Hamamatsuchuo Industrial Center is actually on the same street as the Pokemon store. Head away from the trainstation and it’s on the right hand side. It took me an hour to find it last time. ^^;

Punynari’s last blog post..Moé Passion Second Mascot Contest

April 13th, 2010 at 10:31 pm

anonymous_object: I also hope to get the MkII. It would be my greatest asset and will go well with my 24-105mm L lens.

Zyl: I would look forward to meeting the brothers of Hontouni as well as the other SG bloggers.

AOforever1: A MkII is definitely the way to go, but I’ll have to see if I have enough money.

Punynari: Well I’m only in Tokyo for 10 days. I don’t want to travel out too far as I prefer a much more relaxing trip than the previous one where I traveled to many different places. Oh and for the Doll Show, I know where exactly to go. I stayed in Hamamatsucho during my last trip.

pp

April 16th, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Personally make Singapore your last stop. Probably 2d1n would be enough. It ain’t big here.

For Malaysia side , I prefer food there over here. There’s also quite a few bloggers to meet up for meals and walkabouts.

pp’s last blog post..Motivational quote

April 25th, 2010 at 11:17 am

Hope you have fun on your trip ^^. Sounds like you’ll be quite busy again. Tomoyo and I plan to head back to Japan for vacation in May. Though I still need to upload the pics of my trip in Jan/Feb lol.

AS’s last blog post..Kawaii-Kon 2010 Day 1

Q

May 14th, 2010 at 10:59 am

Hey man, I should be staying in Hong Kong from this summer onwards, so if you do decide to come over you can contact me via blog or email (address can be found on my blog as well). I am not big into dolls, but I can always refer you some when you want to. Besides, I can always show you Kwong Wa Street where it has a whole street of BB guns! (laughs)

Q’s last blog post..Mayday