Sydney Dollfie Meet: Halloween 09

November 24, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Dollfies, Everyday Life, Miscellaneous, Photography

The last dollfie meet was held WAY back in April for the Easter weekend and since the convention season is now over, it was time for another meetup. Sure conventions are a great time to meetup with other owners, but with so much to see and do it was a bit difficult to be in one spot. So with Halloween coming up at the time, it was a perfect theme for the dollfie meet. And since I still had the Canon 50D that I borrowed for the Eminence A Night in Fantasia 2009 concert, it was also the perfect chance to try out the 50D with a macro lens. So hit the jump to check out the photos.

Just before the big move, I also happened to get some new clothes for Erika specifically for this occasion. Even though dollfie dreams are made by VOLKS doesn’t mean that you have to stick with clothes made by VOLKS. Azone also make clothes that fit dollfie dreams, or more specifically the SAR series of clothes will fit for sure. So what I got my sweet Erika was a witch costume purchased for ¥8,000 from HLJ. You can see my dearest Erika dressed up in the photos below as well as other BJD that were at the meet.

It was a great day to gather the dolls together and it was also a great chance to try out the Canon 50D once again. Most impressed with the quality of the photos this time around and it just makes me want an upgraded camera that much more. I must thank Loki from The Faireground Forums for allowing us to use her house to host the meetup and it’s definite that this was the largest gathering of dolls. Though as I’m writing this I just realised I don’t have a group shot of all the dolls on and around the table. Next time!

9 Responses to Sydney Dollfie Meet: Halloween 09

Lylibellule

November 25th, 2009 at 5:49 am

I’m more and more attracted by Dolffie. Some of them have so realistic faces. It’s just splendid.
Could you advise me a few sites, except Volks, where i can buy them please ?

Lylibellule’s last blog post..Kei Toume Skit Scooter (or Toume keiji no skit) 1/9PVC [Beagle]

rattimoth

November 25th, 2009 at 7:01 am

your girl looks GORGEOUS in her new outfit, and lookie at all those dolls! I never thought I’d see another akando with blue hair.. but there he is :>

So.. tell me more about that lens.. I am loving some of the pics it took, and I could always use another macro lens :>

Seek peace

Carol
Chief Alchemist

Simon

November 25th, 2009 at 9:48 am

great photos ^^. Nia is sooo white xd
I’m thinking of getting a DSLR, but not sure where to start.
any chance of you coming to the newcastle meet at Jme’s this Saturday?

Simon’s last blog post..Otacool

November 25th, 2009 at 10:16 am

Lylibellule: I would recommend joining the Den of Angels forums if you want to get more info on where to purchase a dollfie. They have a vast database of information for those who are entering the ABJD world.

rattimoth: The lens I used was a Canon 60mm macro lens. I use this as my main lens when doing figure or dollfie shoots. I find it much more acceptable to use this lens on my 400D or even the 50D due to the 1.6x crop which essentially makes it a 96mm in full frame. I haven’t had any issues using this lens but whenever I get myself a 5D (which is full frame) I’ll have to buy a new macro lens since the 60mm won’t attach to the 5D. You can check out some of my figure posts to see what the macro lens can do.

Simon: With a DSLR you can choose whatever you want. But my advice is to choose something that can give you options like being able to change the lens, add an external flash, or even a battery grip. In most cases a basic DSLR like the Canon 500D would be sufficient if you are not looking at going professional. But the main question is, what kind of photography are you looking at doing? That will also determine what kind of lenses you should be looking at getting because the standard lens that come with DSLR are usually pretty crap.

Oh and I won’t be heading upto Newcastle for the meet. Much too busy at the moment.

Pudding

November 25th, 2009 at 5:20 pm

wow… i like the neko shot XD… and yeh… nice outfit for Eririn XD

Pudding’s last blog post..Sydney Bleach Shoot Out 2009

Lylibellule

November 25th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Thanks! ;) I’ll take a look.

November 26th, 2009 at 8:40 am

Wonderful shots Adun! Especially loved the Erika ones. The cat pictures were too cute. ^_^

Punynari’s last blog post..Flandre and Alice Griffon Touhou Figure Preorders

chun

November 30th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Wooo looks like a very nice meet! :D thanks for sharing all the pix! I love the one with the kitty XD

chun’s last blog post..Himitsu – DDH04 head customised

Koharu

December 6th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for the photos!
Gosh I had no idea they had these shows in Sydney =O Maybe I should check out the next one.
and Erika is looking gorgeous~