Animania Sydney 09 – Sunday Part 1

September 9, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Conventions & Events, Dollfies, Everyday Life, Miscellaneous, Photography

With most conventions, there is always a second day. And usually the second day is a pretty relaxing day with a less hectic crowd. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to attend the 2nd day but since I got a free weekend pass, I might as well make the most of it. So this time I went solo, no Roobar or Blox with me as they were pretty tired. Actually I was pretty tired as I finished the Part 2 post at 3 a.m! Anyway hit the jump to check out coverage of Day 2! WARNING: Picture intensive post.

Animania Sunday 62

Its actually quite amusing day for me. By chance I happened to have arrived a little too early, like 9:45 a.m. Walking up the stairs from the car park I noticed that the crowd was obviously smaller than the Saturday, but surprisingly still a number of people attending. Lucky for me I have still have my guest pass on and I walked right in skipping the crowd completely. Gave my salutations to the various staff members and people I know I went over to the BJD table to have Erika sitting there. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to change her into new clothes. She wasn’t very happy about that.

With people coming in, I took the chance to take photos around the place whilst it was still relatively empty.

Animania Sunday 01

Animania Sunday 59

Animania Sunday 204

Animania Sunday 71

Animania Sunday 72

Animania Sunday 136

Animania Sunday 137

With very little people about, it also gave me a chance to head over to the food stalls and do something I’m keen on trying out further: food photography. It’s quite hard to take photos of food when the food is gone from people purchasing them so it was a prime opportunity. Whilst taking photos of the stores and their wares, I happened to have a chat with the owner of ColoSnack and ColoTako. He also happens to be the organiser for the Chinatown Night Markets that are held every Friday night in Chinatown and he requested I take photos of his stores, their food, and him cooking in action. This also has lead me to an opportunity to do some photography work for him as wellbut I shall see how things turn out first.

Animania Sunday 08

Animania Sunday 11

Animania Sunday 09

Animania Sunday 10

Gotta love siu mai on a stick

Animania Sunday 12

And a pot full of satay sauce

Animania Sunday 13

Animania Sunday 14

Animania Sunday 15

The man himself in action.

Animania Sunday 16

Animania Sunday 17

Animania Sunday 18

Animania Sunday 19

Animania Sunday 22

Animania Sunday 23

Animania Sunday 121

Animania Sunday 122

Mmmmm, crab balls.

Animania Sunday 123

Animania Sunday 144

Animania Sunday 145

Animania Sunday 146

Another fresh batch of noodles.

Despite me being a terrible cook, well not terrible, just lazy. I think it’s an amazing thing seeing someone cook something delicious in front of me and being able to photograph those moments adds to that pleasure. Let’s hope I can venture into food photography.

Of course being a Sunday there were a lot less people and usually with that, a lot less cosplayers. However there were still some to be found and wanting their photos taken and here are just a few that I captured. Of course I also had my Hachune Miku plushy for any encounters with Hatsune Miku cosplayers.

Animania Sunday 24

Animania Sunday 25

Animania Sunday 26

Animania Sunday 27

Animania Sunday 28

Animania Sunday 29

Shin would be most pleased with this Ranka.

Animania Sunday 30

Animania Sunday 53

Animania Sunday 54

Animania Sunday 55

Animania Sunday 56

Animania Sunday 60

Animania Sunday 61

It’s the Stig’s otaku cousin!

Animania Sunday 62

Animania Sunday 63

All I could think was that I was going to be eaten by Domo-kun.

Animania Sunday 64

Animania Sunday 80

Animania Sunday 81

Animania Sunday 83

Animania Sunday 84

Animania Sunday 85

Animania Sunday 86

That pretty much covers Part 1 for Sunday. Part 2 will continue on with cosplay photos and some other coverage items as well. If you’re looking for photos from the cosplay competition it’s unfortunate since I decided to not go to the cosplay competition to take photos but I shall explain about that in the next post.

If you want a copy of any of the photos seen here, send me an email to adun[AT]moemoerabu[DOT]net with the subject “Photo Request” and the name of the photo you want.

Other coverage of Animania Sydney 2009. Keep checking this post as this list gets updated:

13 Responses to Animania Sydney 09 – Sunday Part 1

Shin

September 9th, 2009 at 12:24 am

I am most pleased with that Ranka.

Shin’s last blog post..Bakemonogatari 09: Nadeko Makes My Snake Solid

Snark

September 9th, 2009 at 12:55 am

Heheh, I saw that Domo-kun guy walking around quite a bit while I was there; probably my favourite cosplay of the year

Snark’s last blog post..Girl it up! – Fruits Basket #2

Panther

September 9th, 2009 at 1:07 am

Who is that sexy girl cosplaying below Ranka? The one showing a lot of skin. The character looks familiar (from an anime I did not watch), was it Black Lagoon? Also, she is cute herself lol, nice to show so much bare skin.

Domo-kun pwns your soul.

And at Megurine Luka: y so yandere?

Panther’s last blog post..Princess Lover 10 – Of Emo And Luck

September 9th, 2009 at 1:21 am

Yay, more K-On! cosplay.
I remember having some of those stir-fry noodles 2 years back at Town Hall. Apparently I got food poisoning from them which took me out for 2 days. :S
I wouldn’t dare touching them again. -_-

Optic’s last blog post..Sydney Animania 09: Part 2

Koshiko

September 9th, 2009 at 1:24 am

Food photography, yum~! Hope that goes well for you :D

I wonder if people actually went up to grope that Bleach guy, lol! And Ranka looks so cute~ x3

Not really hungry, but I still feel like eating some of that yummy food you took photos of orz…

phossil

September 9th, 2009 at 4:54 am

the food in the event seems very delicious…

phossil’s last blog post..giveaway package received

September 9th, 2009 at 9:15 am

Panther: Yeah that girl is cosplay Revy from Black Lagoon.

Optic: Ah well I have an iron stomach against most Asian style foods, but my noodles were fresh so I guess I was just lucky.

Koshiko: I don’t want to know if people groped him or not.

phossil: It’s the same type of food you find at most events, whether it’s an anime convention or something else. Simple food will always sell.

Pudding

September 9th, 2009 at 5:57 pm

lol… i was planning to go but not when i woke up pass 12 on the day =___=; and i missed out on the great hyourinmaru

Pudding’s last blog post..A birthday present for someone on 09/09/09

September 10th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I wish we could have food vendors like that at our anime convention. I would definitely pay to buy food like that, especially for the crab takoyaki which looks pretty interesting with the claws sticking out. Sadly the convention center where it’s held doesn’t allow outside food :(. Hope that changes in the future. Good luck on the food photography job (^^)b.

AS’s last blog post..Happy Birthday Ritsu

Koharu

September 10th, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Great photos, as usual! Thanks for putting them up ^^
and 8th photo from top, the stall with different cosplay costumes hanging up… were they for sale? What was the name of that stall? (I must knowww! ^^)

Koharu’s last blog post..New Link Buttons

September 11th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Pudding: Did you get a weekend pass or just a day pass? If you got a weekend pass, awesome waste of money :)

AS: A lot of proper convention centers don’t allow for food to be brought inside, even if it’s a food show going on. It’s just a OH&S issue in case someone drops food and someone else gets injured because of it. Still it was good to have at least some food there but as icie mentioned in his blog post, the smell of food inside a convention does get kind of distracting.

Koharu: That store is known as SUN ANIME and yes those costumes were for sale. Unfortunately they don’t have a website but I’m sure if you ask for information from the forums someone might be able to help you.

Pudding

September 11th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

yeh… it was a weekend pass >.> but it was prereg weekend pass… so at least i wasted a few dollars less =D

and i cant believe there is a Reimu there as well >.< i was planning to xdress as marisa on the day… miss out on the touhou shot lol X_X

Pudding’s last blog post..A birthday present for someone on 09/09/09

Bubby

September 11th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Great photos Adun
Shame you didnt go see the Sunday cosplay comp or WCS :(
The food looks awesome…should’ve gotten some