SMASH! 2009 Merchandise

August 22, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Conventions & Events, Merchandise

OK so it’s been a while since SMASH! 2009 but recently I’ve been a little pre-occupied with a lot of other things at the moment. Anyway with SMASH! I was sure that I wasn’t going to buy anything given that I had done most of my convention shopping during Supanova a few months ago. Given that I am unemployed I thought that was to be true, but alas that kind of thing never goes to plan. I suppose in these times it’s good and bad to have friends who share the same passion in buying merchandise, but I’ll let you be the judge of that once you see my merchandise purchases.

Although what you see in the photo above seems rather small compared to usual horde of merchandise, but rest assured it has it’s weight in gold. The weekend before SMASH! was Wonderfest. The good folks over at Tamarket attend this convention every time and have kindly accepted the request that Roobar and myself have placed. Of course these items that we requested are event exclusive items, some will probably see a release later this year. However we’re both pretty impatient about that and thus how we came about requesting Tamarket to acquire these goods.

The first item is Good Smile Company’s Hatsune Miku CM version. Some will know that there is another like this but the difference in CM version is that Miku has her eyes closed. That’s the only difference. Yes even small things like this can make me want certain items pretty badly. Official page.

Next is another Hatsune Miku item. This time it’s a figma known as the “Live Stage” version. The difference between this figma of Miku and the regular release is the inclusion of the di:stage, a closed eyes face and other accessories. Another thing is that her shirt is also a metallic silver instead of the usual metallic grey. Official page.

This was an extra item that Tamarket threw in for free for me. This is Wonderfest exclusive “Live Set”. Pretty much they’re plamo type instruments for your figmas. I thought that was pretty nifty.

Lastly is this rather random item that Tamarket had brought out just for me. That’s right, just for me! It’s a small diorama of Hatsunejima (the island where Da Capo takes place) with a figure of all the heroines. According to the box, they’re a mascot set. I don’t recall something like this being released so I can only fathom that this is also an event exclusive item as well.

Lastly is this Hatsune Miku bookmark that I bought from furudango. I suppose this is the only item that I paid with my own money. I’m not entirely broke so I could at least buy this much. As for the other items I had good friend Roobar purchase them for me and I’ll pay him back once I have a steady income. As for the total amount of the three major items, I’ll let you guess that one. But let me just say the two Hatsune Miku figures were not cheap. Far from it, and it’s something to expect if you wish to obtain event exclusive items.

10 Responses to SMASH! 2009 Merchandise

Snark

August 22nd, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Huh, the live stage Miku looks pretty sweet.

Suddenly, my normal Miku feels rather inadequate -_-

Snark’s last blog post..Sayonara, Pimp-chan

Koshiko

August 22nd, 2009 at 10:11 pm

That bookmark looks pretty sweet~ ^_~ lol~
Congrats on your loot, one can never have enough Miku x3

The Da Capo mascot set is so cute~

August 22nd, 2009 at 10:45 pm

O.O

That Da Capo Hatsunejima set is really cute. First I’ve seen or heard about it. Wish they fit in a chibi Sakura as well. Still really nice, I will keep an eye out for it even though that box would be hard to spot I think.

I will also keep a look out for the serine looking Miku figure. I remember seeing her with this pose while I was waiting for Wonhobby9 in a commercial. Might be my first full size Miku figure.

That bookmark is really cute too. Really nice stuff. Seeing all this merchandise makes me want to get back to Yoko that much more. I really miss the treasure hunting in Tokyo. Less then 2 weeks.

Punynari’s last blog post..Assembled RX78 Gundam Part 2

Ace

August 23rd, 2009 at 1:17 am

Hmmm .. that live set is pretty sweet. Though it looks like you’ll need to paint it to get the most out of it… those dioramas are pretty cool too.

Ace’s last blog post..Magical Girl Lyrical Fate 4Koma – 5 – Dinner Time

sonic_ver2

August 23rd, 2009 at 1:26 am

Hee, that guitar looks interesting. Did you found any other items of that kind there?

sonic_ver2′s last blog post..Epic Win

August 23rd, 2009 at 9:03 am

Punynari: Well expect to pay a pretty high price for one of the Mikus. They were selling for double the price they had originally set during Wonfes due to the high demand.

Ace: They come with stickers so there’s no need to paint them.

sonic_ver2: Those instruments things were a gift from Tamarket and they only got a small amount of them.

August 23rd, 2009 at 3:58 pm

All I know is, it’s much more than how much I forked out. lol
While the Miku fandom continues to burn inside u, the miku fandom inside me has burnt out.

Who knows, maybe I’m just waiting for something to ‘spark’ it up again.

Optic’s last blog post..Time Out!!!

valho

August 24th, 2009 at 11:27 am

That Da Capo diorama set looks cute, Miku is a nice get too though I am not much of a Miku fan, prefer BRS ^^. Somehow I have never bought any figures during event here, usually just buy some doujhin stuff, last I bought was some K-ON! and BRS badges

valho’s last blog post..The Mysterious Bounty Hunter

ShadowKit

August 26th, 2009 at 5:15 am

That Da Capo set looks adorable, I’m going to have to see if I can find out where it came from and if I can somehow attain one.

Of course, it goes without saying that those Miku figures are awesome, but since I have the regular versions, I won’t be worrying about picking those up.

Cute bookmark. ^.- And best of luck in finding another job.

ShadowKit’s last blog post..Creator Labo #13 – Simca

Pudding

August 26th, 2009 at 9:02 pm

lol… actually the miku CM one was they still had stock during the melbourne manifest selling for 240… i guess for tat price they cut out some buyers… but then they will all sell eventually… coz i saw some big buyer in manifest XD

but yeh… congrats on the loot XD