COSPA Otome’s Ribbon & Jacket

May 23, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Da Capo II, Merchandise

As an Da Capo fan, I can’t seem to resist some of the goods that come out from the land of the rising sun. Much like when I bought the Nemu necklace last year. This time around there were two items, which arrived last week, I had a great interest in and they were COSPA’s Otome hooded jacket and COSPA’s Asakura Otome ribbon.

Otome's Ribbon

Asakura Otome is by far my most favourite of all the Da Capo girls, yes even more so than Nanaka. In the realm of siscon, there will always be two sides to choose from, and for me it has to be the onee-chan side of the coin. It’s probably because of Otome’s unquestionable devotion to her ototo-kun that has captured my love. Plus I find her cute when she acts all giddly. And for those who don’t know who Otome is, here’s a picture of her wearing her ribbon:

Asakura Otome

What I love about the ribbon, other than its the colour pink, is the patterns on it, which are sakura flowers. But I must say that this ribbon is a lot larger than I had thought. It’s also pre-tied up and has a clip so it makes it much more easier to slip on. I’d definitely would like to see a girl try this on but unfortunately I don’t have a girlfriend. Alas it will be stored away until that time comes, or perhaps I could get my niece to wear it. I’m pretty sure she’d look cute with it.

The other item that I purchased is something that I normally don’t buy, and that’s anime related clothing. But knowing that my most favourite onee-chan is blazed on the back of it, I couldn’t resist. Also it’s getting close to Winter here in Australia so I needed some new warm clothing.

Otome Jacket 01

Otome Jacket 02

Otome Jacket 03

I opted for a large size since Japanese clothing size scales are always 1 up from US sizing, so technically this is a medium size. But the problem with this jacket is the sleeves, they’re really small. It’s almost like they made this to fit people who’s body frame make them look like they would snap like a twig. It’s also a little tight around the shoulders for me but that’s because I have pretty broad shoulders (thanks to all the years of working as a nightfiller). Still I’m sure after wearing it a few times it’ll loosen up.

Those wanting either of these, unfortunately Hobby Search are out of stock of the jacket, but for those wanting their sisters looking like Otome are in luck as it will be re-released in August later this year.

13 Responses to COSPA Otome’s Ribbon & Jacket

Koshiko

May 23rd, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Aww~ the ribbon’s so cute~ I couldn’t wear it, my hair gets oily too easily u_u~ How big is it exactly? Is that an A4 sheet? =o

The Jacket’s logo is so cute~ I hope it keeps you warm in winter :3

May 23rd, 2009 at 11:36 pm

If u give it a wash before u wear it, the fabric will generally loosen up. Hopefully, enough to lift the tightness around the shoulders.
By any chance ur wearing it at the next upcoming convention? ;)

Optic’s last blog post..HLJ Sale Loot

Twitted by adun50

May 23rd, 2009 at 11:40 pm

[...] This post was Twitted by adun50 – Real-url.org [...]

May 24th, 2009 at 10:04 am

Nice finds Adun.

That ribbon will look extremely cute on a real life girl I think.

For the jackets in Japan. I can deffinetly agree on the short sleaves. I had to try on countless jackets to find one with sleeves long enough for me. I had the best luck with size LL or XLL. Haven’t seen anime clothes in those larger sizes though.

Punynari’s last blog post..Farewell for a while

GF

May 24th, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Waaa, Oto-nee ribbon =333
Wonder how real girl look like with that ribbon. But I prefer if it is not pre-tied up.
I think the ribbon can be used for present for your girlfriend (if you already have).

meganeshounen

May 24th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Wow. That ribbon IS big. Wonder how did Oto-nee wear it…?
Nice design at the back of the jacket too~

May 24th, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Koshiko: It’s pretty big. If I placed an A4 sheet under it it’s larger than that when laid flat.

Optic: I might wear it at the next con. Depending on how cold it gets.

Punynari: Now I just need to find a real cute girl.

GF: I was also hoping it wasn’t pre-tied up as I’m sure it could be used for other things.

meganeshounen: Well Otome did have long hair, so it does blend in well for her.

sonic_ver2

May 25th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

So who’s gonna wear that ribbon? Must be great seeing a cute girl wears that ribbon.

sonic_ver2′s last blog post..Supermall Surabaya Toy and Hobby Fair 2009

phossil

May 26th, 2009 at 8:53 am

the ribbon’s looks very cute. I would like to see a girl with it.
I like the jacket too. Very distinctive.

phossil’s last blog post..Looking for a car

Zyl

May 26th, 2009 at 6:46 pm

How’s the weight though? Would it be able to stay upright if a 3D girl wore it? I’ve always been amused at how 2D physics allow ahoges and ribbons to be so bouncy and upright without lots of ironing starch or underwire. :P The material and pattern do look lovely though.

Zyl’s last blog post..Alter Shigure Asa :: Grassy field in the evening

May 26th, 2009 at 10:03 pm

sonic_ver2: I have to get myself a cute girl first.

Zyl: Surprisingly it’s not all that heavy. Since its a cosplay item the quality is definitely there for long time usage and it would definitely stay up right. But yes, the realm of 2D physics still alludes us but does turn up in our 3d realm at times.

HisuiIBMPower4

May 27th, 2009 at 8:36 am

adun,trying to cosplay some female characters isn’t a bad ideal at all

Rin

May 27th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Nice that you got that otome ribbon…
I want that jacket!!!!!!
Maybe I can find it when I’m in Japan in July…

Rin’s last blog post..Anime North 2009 Loot