K-ON! – 01

April 6, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, First Impressions, K-ON

Opening Sequence:

OP: “Cagayake! GIRLS” by Toyosaki Aki, Hikasa Youko, Satou Satomi, Kotobuki Minako

So I finally started on the Spring Season and it’s my first anime ep post in about 9 months. Kicking off the Spring season with K-ON, but really what else can I say that the aniblogsphere hasn’t said already? Most people were definitely looking forward to this series with little expectations but I think KyoAni has just blown everyone away right from the start. In other words you got slapped in a moelicious way.

Impressions

When I first looked up this series my first thoughts on character designs was something similar to Manabi Straight. Except they’re all taller and don’t have that round chubby look on them. As the episode went on and the main girls are introduced I started comparing them to the Lucky Star girls and seeing how Yui is Tsukasa but with brown hair, this was a series made for my Sister Princess twin. But I must say that the introduction of the girls was rather short, but effective in establishing what kind of personalities they have.

Seems that a lot of people have taken a liking to Mio, especially after the ED sequence. But for me it has to be Tsumugi. My Sister Princess twin requested I wrote a section of 500 words of why she is my favourite but alas I can barely think up 100 words. I guess its the whole “ojou-sama” charm that she has. Mio would have to be second for me.

Based on a 4-koma, KyoAni has once again shown that they can take a simply theme and just make it that much better. Plenty of cute moments as well as plenty of humour at the right time. One of the other things about K-ON is how its music related. I love series based on music and even with this being about “light music”, I think we’ll be hearing some interesting sounds over the coming episodes. Heck it would surprise me if we got a different ending theme that features one of the girls each time. So I’m now definitely looking forward to the next episode.

Ending Sequence:

ED: “Don’t say “lazy”” by Toyosaki Aki, Hikasa Youko, Satou Satomi, Kotobuki Minako

Preview:

9 Responses to K-ON! – 01

April 7th, 2009 at 12:23 am

It’s rare to fall in love with a series just from the 1st ep.
Well thanks KyoAni, u made it happen. ^^d

Optic’s last blog post..Music Monday ~ Haruka Tomatsu – motto Hade ni ne!

suguru

April 7th, 2009 at 12:54 am

Tsumugi’s thick eyebrows kind of ruined her character design for me, although at least it’s not a monobrow…already watched the first episode twice, I’m hoping by the end they’ll have a “Live Alive”-level performance.

suguru’s last blog post..Just Another Reason Kawashima Ami is the Greatest Side Character Ever

Hao

April 7th, 2009 at 4:11 am

Everyone’s talking about this series lately, it’s been a while since I’ve seriously watched animé u__u judging for the pictures it looks like fun and one episode per week won’t hurt me ^^ anyone know where I can watch it?

Hao’s last blog post..Maneki Neko

Koshiko

April 7th, 2009 at 7:29 am

Tsumugi is looking to be my favourite character too, and I haven’t even seen the first ep xD;; This is just my impressions from a few spoilers I’ve come across so far… And I love the ED~

Can’t wait to get back home and watch this, seems my brother will be downloading this x3

Koshiko’s last blog post..Where on earth is Koshiko!?

sonic_ver2

April 8th, 2009 at 1:00 am

Wow, i never thought that most people would love Mio more than Yui. But yeah, just as Optic said, this anime really make people fall in love with the series just with 1 episode.

sonic_ver2′s last blog post..ChaoS;HEAd

Pudding

April 8th, 2009 at 9:52 am

too bad tsumugi got those thick brow… but not much love with ojousama without tsundere stats anyway

mio in other word… yeh… fallen in love… especially the ED… tat goth dress is cute… the anime sure have some good music and variety of clothes design…

Shin

April 8th, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Look at how Mio works that bass as though it was mine.

Shin’s last blog post..Valkyria Chronicles: Guns of Gallia

Rin

April 9th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I’m currently loving this show!!!!!!!
All these girls are all compared to the Lucky Star girls.
Yui is Tsukasa
Ritsu is Konata
Mio is Kagami
Tsumugi is Miyuki
I’m expecting good things from this series and so far from the first episode…looks really good!!!

Rin’s last blog post..Finally Here!!!

Roy Mustang

April 11th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

>>>All these girls are all compared to the Lucky Star girls.<<<

Yui = Konata in that she shares traits with the average viewer. In this case, instead of being an otaku, Yui has a obsessive fetish for cuteness. That being said, I wonder how Yui doesn’t spend all day staring at a mirror.