A little piece of luxury

February 4, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Everyday Life

Luxury items are things that make our life that one little bit better, whether it be a new sofa or even a new CD. So far in my current lifestyle, I don’t have many luxuries due to my spending habits. But this year is different and I finally took the initiative to make my life that little bit more luxurious. So finally after 14 years in the current family home, I now have air conditioning!

In the past my parents were never believers of having aircon due to the running costs involved. But since I have a steady income and pay most of the bills, I can now afford such things. As some of you know, living in Australia means dealing with some scorching hot summers where at my house it can get to extreme temperatures of 45 degrees Celsius and with the PC on, it just makes it that much hotter. Now that I work from home at times, trying to concentrate in the heat just doesn’t work. So how did I manage without it so far? With sheer determination and a small fan.

It couldn’t come at a better time either since I’m still dealing with the chicken pox and it certainly has kept me comfortable. The other thing as well is that I don’t have to worry about my PVC princesses suffering from the heat build up in my room either which was always a concern each summer. Now the only thing is that my room can now get so cold that I have to wear a jumper at times.

Could you live a life without aircon?

15 Responses to A little piece of luxury

Panther

February 4th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Yeah I wonder about that too, living in a climate that is hot and humid all year round. I probably have to move to a more temperate climate. The urban areas here suck for wind too.

Panther’s last blog post..Maiochiru Yuki no You ni [SINGLE] Impressions

Zyl

February 4th, 2009 at 8:14 pm

In the immortal words of Misato Katsuragi: ‘Ah. Air conditioning is the greatest! Man’s triumph over nature!’ :3

pp

February 4th, 2009 at 8:38 pm

i only sleep with the air con on IF the weather really heats me up. Most of the days , just open windows and nice rotary fan to keep myself cool :D

pp’s last blog post..Rideback four : white album five : GGP zero

dice

February 5th, 2009 at 1:38 am

I have no air-con too.. and yup its the same kind of complaints when it comes to bills :P

Really hope your pox goes away. At least you can still type :) My aunt had hers mostly on her hands. She had trouble with simple daily chores like washing hands or washing her face when she wakes up.

dice’s last blog post..Signum Needes … Me

Ashleigh

February 5th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I would die without air conditioning in the summer. I have zero heat tolerance.. thanks, Canada.

Ashleigh’s last blog post..Game Review: Time Hollow

February 5th, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Currently I’m living life without an aircon. No only it’s tough at times but I’m use it now. Recently, I got a desk fan from secret santa so it’s helping just a bit. ^^

Optic’s last blog post..The Summer Palace

sonic_ver2

February 6th, 2009 at 1:33 am

Thanks to global warming, i can’t live without my AC now. Indonesia always has high temperature for almost the whole year.

sonic_ver2′s last blog post..Surabaya Toys Expo 2009 – competitions and loots

phossil

February 6th, 2009 at 8:22 am

having a cool air is very comfortable.

gordon

February 6th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

my room at my workplace is a freezing hell with super strong air conditioning. i even have to wear a sweater to work. so i think i got enough air-con already. i can’t sleep in an air-conditioned environment.

gordon’s last blog post..Random Photo Shoot 3

February 6th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Zyl: I was thinking the exact same thoughts once I got them up and running.

dice: I had more of a problem of concentrating to do anything early on.

gordon: Well my workplace does have aircon, but barely reaches where I sit. So during the summer the front of me is slightly cooling, but my back is sweating it out from the heat.

Persocom-san

February 7th, 2009 at 3:09 am

Air conditioning is slowly becoming more and more of a needed luxury worldwide. If it makes you less miserable during heat waves it’s worth it. I myself live in a dry and semi-warm climate, it still gets cold in winter but the weather is really weird here, we’ve had 80 degree days in the midst of winter, and our place is a heat box in the summer. What we have is a swamp cooler though, rather than an air conditioner. Supposedly they don’t cost as much on your bill, but they do require more maintenance and more regular cleaning.

Persocom-san’s last blog post..Nanoha StrikerS Figma Group Shoot

bk201

February 7th, 2009 at 10:22 pm

With the weather heating up lately, Melbourne and Adelaide with their heat wave,and now moving up to Sydney(me), I would’ve probably died today without air conditioning.

bk201′s last blog post..Peace at last

samejima

February 8th, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I only turn the aircon on every night only at 7pm then turn it off usually at 12mn before retiring to bed then turn on the fan… it turns out really cold too in the morning. Ever since I did that, the elec bill has lowered down.

Rin

February 8th, 2009 at 6:09 pm

No way…can’t live without it…AC is a must have either way!!!!!!
My figures will be damages due to the heat too!!!!!!!
Summers here in Canada are around 25 to 35 degrees…not as hot as Australia…which I do say from what you said to me, it’s extremely hot…
Congrates on getting an AC!!!!!!

Rin’s last blog post..One Year Less to Live…

Koshiko

February 9th, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Mmm~ air-con~ Did you manage to survive Sunday? I had to go out for a project meeting ^^;; so glad it wasn’t humid so I didn’t sweat xD;;

Today was so nice though~ ah so fresh~