A spider bite and chicken pox

January 28, 2009 | Author: | In: Everyday Life

Over the past 10 years my body has somehow developed a system where I only get sick 4 times a year without fail. When I mean sick I mean by anything: cold, migraines, fever outbreaks etc. Of course over the course of my life I never ever got those childhood diseases that a lot of people have gone through, and chicken pox is one of them. I always thought that I would never get chicken pox until I at least had my own kids, however I found out on Sunday night that my niece had the chicken pox. She was clear of it by then, but it seem that I caught the infection earlier during a family gathering. However this was after the spider bite.

Living in a house does have it’s perks but the one downturn is dealing with the insects that crawl around. And unfortunate for me that the house is only 50 metres from the nature reserve all types of creepy crawlys make their way in. On Saturday night as I was sleeping in another room due to the heat, I woke up in some rather excruciating pain such as aching muscles, headaches, sore throat, fatigue, chest pains etc. I noticed that my right hand was hurting and noticed a small sore spot and it could only mean a spider had bitten me. So being a man, I toughed it out and the fact that by the time I was well enough to go to the doctor they were closed.

Monday, which was both Chinese New Year and Australia Day was slightly better, but still in pain. Yes a public holiday and most clinics closed early thus rendering me to fend for myself once again. Tuesday I finally got to see a doctor and he noticed that my tonsillitis has returned (I had a really bad case late last year) and got medication for that. The spider bite wasn’t that bad and should clear up soon. However I did notice a few little spores popping up on my skin and just thought it was some reaction to the spider bite.

Today was different. I noticed the spots started to appear more rapidly thus opted to see a different doctor. So in the waiting room for about 1 hour in pain I finally got to see him and I’m diagnosed with chicken pox. So yeah, I’m having a pretty shit Chinese New Year as I’ve broken into fevers 4-5 times already, barely able to walk, vomiting, having no appetite, and suffering from two different sicknesses at the same time. On the bright side, I have taken sick leave from work, I get to watch the Australian Open (I love my tennis), and I’ll be getting a piece of luxury tomorrow.

12 Responses to A spider bite and chicken pox

ron~

January 28th, 2009 at 7:57 pm

wah poor guy.. I hope you get better soon mate!

ron~’s last blog post..1/8 Ma-ryan ~ Kotobukiya

Panther

January 28th, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Yeah, though the nature reserve is a good idea the problem is all those bugs. Well take it positively, at least you will not get chicken pox again. Get better soon, and take care.

Panther’s last blog post..Anime Episodic Plan

acq128

January 28th, 2009 at 9:09 pm

hey also on the bright side, you will definately lose some weight =)

gordon

January 28th, 2009 at 10:04 pm

was it a radioactive spider? *slap self* sorry for the bad joke. ^^;

i got chicken pox when i was a wee lad. took me 1 week to recover.

get well soon. looking at moe 2D girls helps. cheers! ^^

gordon’s last blog post..Chinese New Year 2009 Photoshoot

January 28th, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Dang, everyones getting sick. Hope you get better soon.

Punynari’s last blog post..Fire in Akihabara

January 29th, 2009 at 8:24 am

Ouch. When we mentioned those cobwebs in ur room, u said, there was nothing to worry about. -_-
Get well soon mate and Happy Chinese New Year. ^^

Optic’s last blog post..The Bird’s Nest and the Water Cube

Persocom-san

January 29th, 2009 at 10:00 am

Damn that’s a bout of misfortune if I’ve ever heard of one. Hopefully you recover soon and well getting chicken pox does almost ensure you’ll never get it again. Luckily I got it when I was little.. I’ve been bit by spiders but nothing that really messed me up before.. Take care and get better soon

Persocom-san’s last blog post..Yuki Nagato – My First Figma

megami

January 29th, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Hope you get well soon adun!
i have been plagued with insect bites this season as well.
Bitten by stinging insects 3 times and mosquitoes…10 bites and counting…=(

HisuiIBMPower4

January 30th, 2009 at 9:15 am

I’m sorry to hera that don’t worry chicken pox is caused by virus symptom will last a week or so after you will acquire life time immune against that virus.and Happy Chinese New Year!

Rin

January 30th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Hope you get better Adun!!!!!!
Well, my body has something like get sick at least once a year…and that’s it…

Rin’s last blog post..End of January Package

January 31st, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. I’m doing better now and well enough to sit in front of the computer long enough to actually read and reply to comments.

acq128: That’s one way to look at it.

gordon: Not exactly radioactive, but the powers it gave me was the perception of slow motion.

Optic: That still stands true. I got bitten in another room I was sleeping in.

megami: Insects and mosquitoes are usually the minor things to worry about where I live. Still quite annoying.

Zyl

February 2nd, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Hey, glad to see you’re better now.

Federer vs. Nadal was AWESOME. Particularly the third set.