First Loot for 2009

January 20, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Figures, Hayate no Gotoku!, Merchandise

With the New Year already past, it means a new start to the 2009 expenditure. Normally I don’t do posts like this but what they heck. So my first figure to arrive at my doorstep is none other than Kotobukiya’s Swimsuit Hinagiku. As always I also forgot when I ordered this as well as forgetting that it was also a 1/6 scale figure.

But just like all the other figures, she’ll simply sit on top of the never shrinking (and kind of not growing) pile of figures that I have left unopened. I’m hoping this year I can at least clear the backlog since this pile still has figures from early last year but alas, free time seems to escape from me somehow. Oh and for those interested, below is what the pile is currently like:

The only exception is the usually nendoroids or figmas that have arrived over the past few months I have bothered to open and place in the display cabinet. I’ve also removed 3 figures from this pile as I’m planning on giving them away but just haven’t figured out how. This pile is also kind of annoying since I’ve also kicked it by accident a few times whilst walking in and out of my room.

So currently in the pile is about 30 figures (excluding any nendoroids and figmas) and with this many figure boxes I could probably stack them up to make 2 towers that’ll touch the roof (perhaps I should take a photo?). So do you think I can make it through this backlog of figures?

Oh for those wondering, yes that’s a Saber dollfie sitting on top of the Exelica box.

18 Responses to First Loot for 2009

Anonymous Coward

January 20th, 2009 at 8:53 pm

As always, you leave me ever so impressed beyond words.

valho

January 20th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

That’s a big pile of figures there. I tends to open up my figures even though I don’t have space to put them.

valho’s last blog post..OMG Saber Lily in full color and a surprise from Max Factory

rangerroh

January 20th, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Omg! thats a a HUGE pile of figures you have there. Time for you to go get yourself a display case. ^^

rangerroh’s last blog post..It’s…. snowboarding time!

acq128

January 20th, 2009 at 10:32 pm

no you won’t get through them =)

Koshiko

January 20th, 2009 at 11:35 pm

It never ends xD;;

January 20th, 2009 at 11:46 pm

“I’ve also kicked it by accident a few times whilst walking in and out of my room.”

I was being cautious when I walked in. I didn’t want to pile to fall. lol
I canceled her a few days when she was up. I don’t even remember why I preordered her anymore. But, to make it up, I’m getting Nagi as she is my favourite. ^^

Optic’s last blog post..Music Mondays ~ Mana Ogawa – Suppin Rock

oOgA

January 20th, 2009 at 11:53 pm

whoa, thats a big amt of loot
*jaws drop*

oOgA’s last blog post..Will You Buy A PS3 Bundled With FF13 Demo & FF7:AC ?

Stripey

January 21st, 2009 at 12:05 am

Woah that’s 4 Hatsune Miku Nendroids I see. Going to have Clone party fun? :)

Panther

January 21st, 2009 at 2:27 am

I got a small pile that I have to open of 5 figures soon, due to Chinese New Year approaching here and I want no unsightly boxes around. Probably will not add much to it over the next few months though, which is good for me and the wallet. :)

Panther’s last blog post..Anime Episodic Plan

dice

January 21st, 2009 at 2:29 am

OMG!! you haf Saber dollfie! I welcome figure donations :D LOL

dice’s last blog post..PlayStation 3 Cabinet

January 21st, 2009 at 9:13 am

The thing for me is that if I open it, I’ll have to put it back in the box, hence I leave them unopened until I get around to taking photos of them.

acq128: Nice to see there is some faith :P

Optic: I’m more worried about stacking too high, kicking it by accident, and then the pile falls on me.

Stripey: A party indeed with each having a different personality.

dice: That Saber dollfie isn’t mine, I’m just borrowing it for an undisclosed amount of time.

sonic_ver2

January 21st, 2009 at 11:28 am

30 figures unopened? That’s some number! How about selling some of them? I’m willing to buy that Miku (at a reasonable price).

sonic_ver2′s last blog post..Al Azif swimsuit version – Alter

hans

January 21st, 2009 at 12:09 pm

wow! that’s a lot of “hachune miku” right there. are you thinking of selling one of them? i noticed that you live in sydney. and so am i……although currently i’m overseas, but will be back on the 2nd of february.

anyway if you’re interested in selling any of your mikus please contact my email. and we’ll discuss about how to do the transaction.

also just a question is there a particular place in sydney where you buy your anime/toys/goodies from? like a local retailer? or do you get most of your stuff from the net?

because there’s only like 3 place that i know of where you can get these items and that’s kings comics “pitt st” kinokuniya and a chinese toy shop that sells 50/50 bootleg and genuine items called silly dreams in dixon st.

anyway, i’ll be waiting on your reply.

January 21st, 2009 at 1:20 pm

sonic_ver2: Sorry, nothing is for sale.

hans: As above, nothing is for sale. All my items I purchase from online sources. The only local items I buy are manga from Kinokuniya and during convention time I do purchases from Tamarket as well.

oTAKu

January 23rd, 2009 at 11:32 am

Holy moley, you never cease to amaze me.

Larein

January 25th, 2009 at 5:17 am

While it’s not as big as your, I have a small pile of figures I have to go through too. All my shelf space is taken up at the moment though so, it might be awhile before I clear a spot for them.

Larein’s last blog post..Cosplay – Death The Kid Rings

Persocom-san

January 25th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

careful not to stack too high, we don’t need to see news headlines like “death by figures” like the poor guy who suffocated under his manga collection :x otherwise though, I think you can manage to get through the backlog once you feel motivated enough, though it might take a fair amount of time. borrowing a Saber dollfie eh?

Persocom-san’s last blog post..Hayate Yagami Figma

superdry

January 27th, 2009 at 9:01 am

Wow…that’s a large backlog.

How is the Koto Hinagiku figure? It a) looks extremely cute and b) quite large. I have one on preorder and I can’t wait for it to arrive.

Also…where did the person you’re holding the Saber dollfie for obtain it from?