C75 Tony Taka (T2) Art Works Pack

January 11, 2009 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Clannad, Merchandise

Once you have attended Comiket at least once and bought doujinshi, when the next one comes about you want more! Well that’s the case for me and when I found out that Tony Taka was doing a Clannad one for Comiket 75, I knew I wanted one. Though how would I acquire myself a copy? Fortunately a friend of mine had returned to Japan for a short time and decided that he wanted to line up for the T2 line.

What’s included in this pack is what seems to be the usual stuff you get in any pack: pencil board, a copy of the latest doujinshi, phone card, calendar, clear document holder and the bag to carry it all. So many thanks to my friend ACQ and his friends who lined up from midnight in the cold Winter and by the sea.

But this brings about a good question, if you ever went to Japan, would you go out of your way to help purchase items for friends? When I went, I did help some friends acquire items but in the end it felt like such a pain. Of course I had some pretty unreasonable requests as well and other smaller things I which were acceptable. Since I myself know it’s a pain, whenever friends go to Japan I try not to burden them with a list of items but only one or two items.

6 Responses to C75 Tony Taka (T2) Art Works Pack

gordon

January 11th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

for me i’ll try my best to help as much as possible. that is assuming those stuff cannot be bought locally. cos i don’t see why one must go all the way to japan to buy something where it can be bought locally just to save on a few dollar(?).

this kinda reminds me of a unhappy incident. i have a friend working in japan who is coming back to Singapore for the holidays. so i asked him whether he can help me buy an anime calendar, he agreed. it’s isn’t expensive and doesn’t take up too much space. but he return to me saying it’s sold out.

Ok then fine. then i asked him whether he can help get one of those xmas figmas with xmas hats. he agreed but the came back this time with a lame excuse. he said there’s not enough space in his luggage to put mine in.

i was very disappointed. in my mind these are just excuses to not wanting to help. surely a figma box doesn’t take up too much space right? i mean if he doesn’t want to help. i’m fine. just say it to me frankly. don’t promise to help but in the end come up with lame reasons. it destroy people’s expectation.

this incident somehow killed the friendship. :(

gordon’s last blog post..Haruhi Hits the Beach

icie

January 11th, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Congrats Adun! Tony CLANNAD = Winnage

I myself never buy Tony’s stuff. It’s so popular I can download it! :P (And the fact that it gets bidded up far too high on auctions)

And generally, no. I have enough trouble fitting stuff in my luggage without having other people’s things too. I do however cater for funky requests like “A postcard of your choice” or whatever small items which are easy to find.

As for “buying locally”, everything can be bought over the Internet. It depends on the effort and expenditure you are ready to endure to do it. (That which cannot be bought over the Internet is likely to be a pain in the arse to get anyway, for a gaijin in Japan.)

icie’s last blog post..Tea Party in White Night: A comparative review of two moe magazines

Koshiko

January 11th, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Your blog ate my comment u_u~

I’m a fan of the art, just not the subject/genre xD; The bag’s nice though :3

If the items were easy enough to find and carry around then no problem. As for me, I never ask for stuff when friends are travelling, they tend to ask me if I want something xD

Koshiko’s last blog post..Gashapons discovery~!

acq128

January 11th, 2009 at 10:04 pm

omg but the subject and genre is what gets the artist the money :D

and i wanted to line up for the t2 line cause i got the c74 one and felt it was worth it =)

Rin

January 12th, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I want that!!!!!!
Sadly have no friends that went to Japan at that time that can get me that…

I would go out of my way to buy stuff for my friends.Doing that leads me to weird situations… Walking into yaoi sections of some store or Comiket… At least most of my friends request small things and easy things to buy. Some requests would be a CD, doujinshi, Jrock magazine, or Touhou stuff. Well, I also say the biggest item I shipped back for a friend is a Code Geass figure. There is a limit in size and price per friend I’m willing to spend on. I won’t go over 100 for one item unless they say it’s extremely rare and I researched it. Size wise would be not bigger then a Shuraki figure box as shipping will cost a lot.

I do have to still thank you for the Wonderfest Yuki figma out got me!!!!!!!
Now I wonder if Wonderfest will happen in the summer…when I go again…

Rin’s last blog post..A Week in Toronto 4