Da Capo Visual Fanbook

December 15, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Merchandise

Paving my way back into otakuism, it’s a long and slow process since I still have to factor in work in my daily routine. However I think a big leap was taken after the acquisition of an item that has been long sought after for the past 4 years. Being a Da Capo fan has brought many wondrous things but also my craving for more could never be satisfied, and this one item is something I regret not buying when I saw it 4 years ago. But now it’s in my precious collection and I can’t be any happier: Da Capo Visual Fanbook.

This Visual Fanbook covers the original Da Capo game and is quite hard to find anywhere, even in most common places in Akiba. This is also thanks to my friend Nakushita who was one of my comrades on the Japan trip. On the last day wonder around Akiba trying to burn off the remaining yens, I spotted this in K-Books for a mere ¥5,000. Last time I saw this in Japan 4 years ago it was going for ¥11,000 and I wasn’t as cashed up then. However due to buying the Hatsune Miku figma before hand meant I had not enough to buy this thus resigned to giving up on it again. Then along came my friend and he said he’ll buy it knowing that I want it. It’s a common thing we do amongst ourselves.

But later that day he came across an item he wanted and since he spent the last of his yens on the book, I made a deal to buy him his item in return for buying the book when we got home. So after many months (due to us being busy with real life) I finally got my hands on this beauty. The great thing about this item is that it’s pretty much in mint condition and that it contains a mousepad and two drama CDs, all which are still intact and never taken out since brand new.

I would say that my Da Capo collection is now complete with this item but I know that’s lie. A collection is never complete as the yearning for more is always lingering above, but I would say that my collection of Da Capo items has certainly gone to a new level.

10 Responses to Da Capo Visual Fanbook

Rin

December 16th, 2008 at 8:00 am

Pretty nice!!!!!
I want to see the inside of the book!!!!!
Want to see the mouse pad too!!!!
Well, I regret not getting a lot of other stuff when I went to Japan…
Next year…will be buying the stuff I was not able to get in Japan!!!!!

Rin’s last blog post..December Toronto Anime Convention 2008

oOgA

December 16th, 2008 at 3:40 pm

this is “want!” darn..wish i could got some $$ for a trip to japan and go on some wild purchase

oOgA’s last blog post..Hidamari Sketch for Nintendo DS

December 16th, 2008 at 4:58 pm

Nice. Da Capo is on my list of shows to watch. I have the first season on my laptop now, just have to find some time to finish watching it. From what I’ve seen its a really good show.

Speaking of Da Capo, I ran across the original sketch Da Capo book you’ve found here:
at Akihabara Mandarake. I was torn as I have not yet finished the show but love the artwork. Seeing as this is the first time seeing this, I went ahead and bought anyways (12,000 yen) because based on past experience, passing on those items will lead to you kicking yourself later when you REALLY wish you had bought it.

jenn

December 17th, 2008 at 2:27 am

I’m puzzled. XD “Then along came my friend and he said he’ll buy it knowing that I want it. It’s a common thing we do amongst ourselves.” –> Did he buy it for himself? ._.

Either way, not something I’d get, but it looks pretty. ^^

jenn’s last blog post..Junjou Romantica 2, 1-2 – Guys kissing guys!

December 17th, 2008 at 10:05 am

Punynari: I tip my hat off to you for buying the Da Capo original sketches. Though I’m surprised you were willing to fork out that kind of money for a book as well. I assume you are getting paid well at where you work?

jenn: Yeah he bought it for himself. It’s just something we do often to each other simply to taunt each other.

December 17th, 2008 at 11:38 am

Before I came to Japan, I was a collector and importer of anime artbooks and Mooks so paying this price for such a rare edition to my collection was deffinetly worth it. ^_^

Koshiko

December 17th, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Congrats on your acquisition~ What’s next on the Da Capo agenda? xD

Koshiko’s last blog post..Season’s Greetings~! December 2008

December 19th, 2008 at 11:39 pm

By any chance is it an oppai mousepad or a normal one?
¥5,000 is a bargain in my books. ^^

Optic’s last blog post..~Thank you~

ETERNAL

December 21st, 2008 at 5:49 am

Congrats; it can never hurt to have more merchandise from a franchise as good as DC. Are you planning on scanning some of the pics?

ETERNAL’s last blog post..⑨ Moments of Anime #7: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu ep 01

December 22nd, 2008 at 8:12 am

Koshiko: Perhaps a girlfriend who would cosplay in the Da Capo uniform? lol

Optic: It’s a normal mousepad.

ETERNAL: My policy is to never scan my purchases. Tough if you search the net I’m sure you can find someone who has already scanlated the book.