Autosalon Final Battle 2008

December 14, 2008 | Author: | In: Car, Conventions & Events, Photography

It’s been a while since I went out and did some photography, and since it’s now December, there was one final event left for the year: Autosalon Final Battle 2008. So it was time to check out what this year’s offerings are, and despite being tired from a long week of work, coughing my lungs out, I made my way down to Sydney Olympic Park. Hit the jump to check out the photos. WARNING: Picture intensive post.

This is also the first time I’ve used the 10-22mm wide angle lens for car photography and I can certainly say it’s MUCH better than using the crappy 18-55mm standard lens. However since I’ve been out of the photography loop fora number of months, my skills need some brushing up. I brought the IXUS as a backup to take shots deemed not suitable with the wide angle lens but never ended up using it. Also I attended on the Sunday so there was definitely a lesser crowd and less people walking in front whilst taking photos.

The very first thing I noticed once I walked inside was the presence. Or should I say merely the lack of presence. This year’s Autosalon was significantly smaller than last year’s event in which there was not as many cars there to strut their stuff. In fact a lot of the cars featured were cars that had appeared in last year’s Autosalon. Perhaps the world financial crisis not only affects the automotive industry in car production, but perhaps also in car modifications as well. Or perhaps Autosalon changed the rules a bit, who knows. I think it could be both.

Although the turnout is probably as bad as the Sydney Motor Show, in which there was nearly nothing to see, at least there were some new eye candy to check out. It’s still also good to see previous entries as some have made some changes since they were last there but if this continues again I guess I’d probably start losing interest in turning up to these type of events.

Still seeing these cars makes me think that I should try and enter Autosalon one day with an itasha or something. That’d certainly be something different to see in Australia. But for the time being I’ll stick to admiring cars for now whilst my money goes to other things. But I wish that the ticket price wasn’t $25 as I feel ripped off as there was nothing to see.

12 Responses to Autosalon Final Battle 2008

Persocom-san

December 15th, 2008 at 2:46 am

Cool pictures, does seem kind of boring though, not very many people in the pictures. At least it wasn’t overcrowded I guess. They have car shows here every year (not sure when), maybe I’ll have to attend one and see what they’re like. The only thing I don’t like about things like this, at least here, is that the people with cars like this tend to pay no attention to the rules of the road. I’ve almost gotten run over by one of them before because they think they own the road, don’t stop at stop signs and they pass everyone in the road (and rather rudely, as in near cutting you off and running you off the road) Are they a little more well behaved there?

Persocom-san’s last blog post..Ryoko Asakura Figma

jenn

December 15th, 2008 at 2:49 am

I have no great love for cars, but even I must admit some of these are pretty darned shiny. :) Probably due to the great pics too, hehe…^^

jenn’s last blog post..Clannad After Story 11 – Akio’s Toys

Panther

December 15th, 2008 at 3:09 am

Mostly for car lovers, I guess. There are some nice cars in there, but I am more a fan of bikes.

An itasha would be nice, but yeah, the amount of money that must go into buying, maintaining and then modding a car. :\

Panther’s last blog post..EoY 08 – The Happenings

iLLusioninc

December 15th, 2008 at 8:49 am

awsome pics man this years final battle maybe wasnt as better as the rest of the other previous years.
i agree that the ticktes were abit over priced and was kinda off a rip off

but overall i love cars either way i enjoyed it

Rin

December 15th, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Ah….no Miku car…
Still amazing cars!!!!!!
I do love cars like these cause of some movies and games I’ve seen!!!!!!

Rin’s last blog post..December Toronto Anime Convention 2008

jonhohx

December 15th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

insanely kool machines…but im a stock standard kinda guy myself

buddy

December 15th, 2008 at 11:35 pm

u didnt get any photos of that baby blue skyline wif the matching couche did u?

December 16th, 2008 at 7:44 am

Persocom-san: Actually I find it to be the exact opposite. People who owned modified cars tend to be better drivers as they look after their cars, know it inside out and know how to handle them on the streets. I’ve seen plenty of bad drivers and most are your average person or the elderly.

Panther: Yeah having a modified car does come with a large bill, but that solely depends on the mods you do.

buddy: Unfortunately not. Everything you see here is all I have.

Hiji

December 16th, 2008 at 10:37 am

What have they done to that Ferrari!!! D=

Compared to last years it does seem smaller. Only one S2K? =(

December 16th, 2008 at 5:10 pm

Like the Lord of the Rings one with Lurtz. Nice to see the LOTR fandom is still out there. ^_^

Koshiko

December 17th, 2008 at 2:09 pm

A lot of nice cars, but I couldn’t see one that really stands out for me u_u~ perhaps if I were actually there I could pick a favourite [not that I know much about them ^^;;].

Nice photos Adun, the cars look pretty awesome.

Koshiko’s last blog post..Season’s Greetings~! December 2008

Livvv

December 29th, 2008 at 5:28 pm

hayy,,

i was a promo girl at final battle n was wonderin if u (or anyone veiwing this page) have ne photos of the promo grls.
i was mainly on CMEHOP,,, but also spent some time with “Compton” (the Red Impala), SXCSHW && YBCUT.
I was the tall blonde in a short, collared kinda black dress with aviator sunnies on..
plss email me or add me on msn if u (or anyone at all) can help me out, its much appreciated..

Email: livv.babii@hotmail.com