Comiket Loot Preview

August 19, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Conventions & Events, Everyday Life, Japan, Merchandise, Miscellaneous

Just to let some of you readers know, the last few posts have been ones that I had wrote up about a week ago and I am actually in Tokyo right now. Anyway this post is just an update on the merchandise that I have bought for Comiket74 that had just past.

This pile of loot is only a small portion of the things that I bought. I had placed bags within bags in order to carry less bags and to save space in the actual hotel room. Also not everything is displayed in this photo. But at least this gives you a small preview of what I bought. But here are some highlights of my Comiket74 experience:

• Friday I lined up at 6am with friends.
  • Saturday was the hottest day of them all.
  • CalorieMates are terrible.
  • Gaijin teleporting is the way to go.
  • Sunday I lined up at 6am, but went solo (thankfully it was an overcast day).
  • I waited in Nanao Naru’s line for 1 hour and 10 mins, then got jipped from special items as I was only 20 people from actually acquiring it.
  • Since I got jipped, I bought two copies of Nanao Naru’s latest work to make the wait worth it.
  • I bought quite a bit of ero-doujins on a non-ero day.
  • My feet aren’t dead compared to Wonderfest.
  • And I spent about ¥174,200 total expenditure on goods and doujins over the three days (if my calculations are correct).

Although this is all a preview, the merchandise post won’t come until I get back to Australia as most of the items were shipped back today. I won’t bother writing  post about Comiket itself as I didn’t take that many pictures. Nor did I take photos of cosplayers. But check out coverage by others who attended:

13 Responses to Comiket Loot Preview

super rats

August 19th, 2008 at 3:04 am

That’s awesome that you got to go. One of these days… Sucks about waiting in the long line to miss the prize.

super rats’s last blog post..School Rumble

August 19th, 2008 at 6:24 am

Looks like you had alot of fun. I wish I could have picked up a copy of subterranean animism, but will hopefully pick up a copy when I get home.

There was alot of Gaijin there? When I went (last year), I only saw two and myself.

Looking forward to seeing some of your loot. ¥174,200, wow! (:

aoie_emesai

August 19th, 2008 at 8:08 am

It does looks rather thinly. I can’t wait to see what else you have.

aoie_emesai’s last blog post..Some image I took with the new Canon

moyism

August 19th, 2008 at 9:20 am

You my friend, are my HERO!

Sounds like some insane stuff but looking at your merchandises so far, seems to be totally worth it! Can’t wait for your final write ups on this little trip of yours!

acq128

August 19th, 2008 at 5:49 pm

sunday is the ero day, filling all east hall
but yea i need to learn this gaijin teleport =(

otsukaresama deshita :D

HisuiIBMPower4

August 19th, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Thank god Nanao Naru doesn’t release another ef-a fairy tale of two sketch artbook otherwise bid it from yahoo japan would surely cost me a lot.BTW what is Gaijin teleporting?

Larein

August 20th, 2008 at 7:20 am

So many bags with so much loot. *_*

CalorieMate is terrible? Man, I always wanted to try it too.

Larein’s last blog post..Code Geass Limited Edition Box

Rin

August 20th, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Comiekt loot huh!!!!!!
I thought I saw more when I was in your hotel room. Well, it makes me wonder now, how many boxes did you actually shipped back home…

Rin’s last blog post..Night Before Leaving Japan

Hirvine

August 24th, 2008 at 5:43 am

Wow, combining your purchases of the Summer Wonderfest 2008 and the pile I saw at your picture at the post “Seven Days, Seven Figures” I wonder… How does it all fits in your room? Even I having ‘only’ 20-30 figures am in need of place. Where you place those? Removing one isn’t an option ofcourse. ^^
You know, once I graduate (3 months) and got a nice job, I become your kind. Purchasing a bunch of PVC’s and placing them all around my room and house.

Hirvine’s last blog post..Fate Testarossa (Alter burst, PVC Figure)

suneo

August 25th, 2008 at 10:23 am

hehe a true loot hunter! Who needs photos of cosplay anyway lol
I probably would’ve done the same thing…or at least gotten what i wanted first before wandering around with my camera lol.

But wow 170000 yen in goods o.O That is definitely quite the haul

suneo’s last blog post..[Figures] Code Geass girls

Aiko

August 26th, 2008 at 2:57 am

omg I envy you~

Aiko’s last blog post..Saimoe Tournament 2008 Block B 1st match

Koshiko

August 27th, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Loot~! Goodness, I get busy for a week or 2 and you’ve posted all these entries =o

How hard/easy is it to ship things out? Will definitely want to ship stuff home once I eventually get around to visiting Japan.

Koshiko’s last blog post..P#1 SMASH! Report – Summary

Comiket74 Weekend at Moé Moé Rabu

September 10th, 2008 at 10:27 pm

[...] but I hope this post will give some of you an idea of what Comiket is like. As mentioned in my short post, I estimated that I spent ¥174,200 over the three days and having a look at the calculations [...]