ARIA The Origination DVD Volume 01

May 25, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, ARIA The Origination, Merchandise

Lately I’ve been a bit slack in posting of anything these days, though that’s because of work and being sick by the end of the week. Anyway I’ve managed to recover slightly and decided to go through some of the merchandise that has been flowing in the past few weeks. Seriously I don’t even remember when some stuff come in anymore, just like this item, ARIA The Origination DVD Volume 01. Hit the jump to check out what comes with Volume 01.

What with my more recent Japanese DVD imports, like the Clannad and sola DVDs, I guess I was kind of expecting a bit more from the ARIA DVDs in terms of extras, but given the reasonable price tag of ¥4028 I can’t really complain. In fact, I think this ARIA Volume is the cheapest R2 DVDs that I’ve ever bought. Although the cheapest does have it’s downfalls still. Volume 1 only has 2 episodes of ARIA The Origination, so this is definitely going to be a 6-7 volume series.

Anyway, the first extras that come with Volume 01are two postcards. The great thing about these postcards is that it doesn’t have that glossy coating that you see on many cards. So hoorah for less reflecting light!

Ok, this extra item came in a box the size of 2 DVD cases. I’m not entirely sure why as it feels to be such a waste of space. I’m not entirely sure what this is supposed to be, but it appears to be a gel filled pad, with more gel situated around Aria-shachou flabby belly for that mochi-mochi pon-pon feel.

Lastly is mainly the booklet that comes with the DVD. Just some points highlighting the episodes, what appears to be a little info on Venice, and some sketch drawings. I hope the next few volumes come with some excellent goodies, but I more hope that I know what it is when I look at it, lol. If you want to purchase a copy of ARIA The Origination DVD Volume 01, you can buy it from Amazon Japan here.

9 Responses to ARIA The Origination DVD Volume 01

AOforever1

May 26th, 2008 at 5:03 am

ugh… I want the DVDs now … T_T Mochi Mochi Pon Pon!
I just wish they didn’t cost so much here in the United States, and importing them doesn’t cut cost either!

Morimoli

May 26th, 2008 at 5:22 am

Lol that gel thing, what is it!?
Those postcards are really nice ^o^

Morimoli’s last blog post..Saber Swimsuit Figure

elton_m

May 26th, 2008 at 5:34 am

I’m still waiting for mine to arrive….

Does that thing make a funny noise when you squeeze it?

petrichorlic

May 26th, 2008 at 3:44 pm

that aria shachou thingy’s apparently a mousepad of some sort, though i really don’t see how it is so!

Rin

May 27th, 2008 at 4:16 am

Real nice!!!
Japanese DVDs for me cost a ton!!!
I think I bought my limited edition of Air Movie for around $100.
4028 YEN is really cheap!!!
I might want one now. Even though after I blew most of my money at the conventions…

Rin’s last blog post..About to collaspe…Anime North after affect…

Eve

May 28th, 2008 at 11:31 pm

The post cards are great, I want them. The Aria Sachou thingy is also cute ^_^

May 29th, 2008 at 2:00 am

Hehe mochi mochi pochi pochi xD. Being able to poke Aria shaichou’s belly in real life has finally come true.

AS’s last blog post..Fanime 2008

Lunatic_Sae

May 30th, 2008 at 1:01 pm

“I hope the next few volumes come with some excellent goodies, but I more hope that I know what it is when I look at it, lol.”

I think the only extras the future volumes will come with are postcards and the booklet similar to the one you received in Volume 1. The only exception is Volume 4 that comes with another artbox, 2 clear files, postcards, and a booklet.

Pretty barebone release for this series. If you want to see expensive, look no further than the Bamboo Blade DVDs – regular price is JPY 7800 for two eps per DVD and minimal extras (magnets and stickers)!!

vanii

June 19th, 2008 at 9:58 am

hey, im just wondering by any chance do u know if ARIA si coming out in en like as a end dub because i hate seeing anime shows in jap. anyways tell me on my website: iheartu-soccer.piczo.com
thanku so much..