The Fellowship is down to 4 members

May 13, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Everyday Life, Japan

In my last post about my Japan trip, I mentioned that it will be 5 of us, including myself. Well due to some unforeseen circumstances, a comrade has fallen from the Fellowship and now won’t be joining us. Most unfortunate, but certain issues were raised, which won’t be mentioned here, but he still wants to come to Japan. So perhaps he may still join us, but not for a the full month. I hope so because the more people at Comiket, the better, lol.

So what does this mean for me? It just means that I have to fork out extra money to cover the extra cost for accommodation but thankfully it’s not too much and won’t break the bank. But I suppose the benefit of there only being 4 of us now, my plans to hire a car may come to fruition. Still plan on hiring an RX-8 but it’s only a 4 seater, so with only 4 of us, it makes it perfect.

In other news, as many of you are aware, Animelo Summer Live 2008 is also on at the end of my trip. Having made an enquiry with my travel agent, he has agreed to help us in acquiring tickets. Most unfortunate that I can only attend the Saturday concert, but at least I can still goto Chara Hobby on the Sunday. For those who are going to be in Japan during the concert and want to attend but have no way of acquiring tickets themselves, ask your travel agent as they may be able to help. Writers of seiyuu3 have also opted to help out those who can’t acquire tickets as well.

With only a meer 10 weeks till EPIC trip, I’ve cut down on spending and preorders over the past few months with April being the last of a HUGE splurge. Now my HLJ preorder list is only a small 5 items.

Seriously, my preorder list has not reached 5 items in 3 years. It has always been a moderate 7-12 items so you can see how much I’m holding back on the spending. But with Supanova Sydney coming up next month, as well as payment for the JR pass and travel insurance still to come, I pray that I can still reach my goal of taking $7000 AUD to last me the month in Japan.

Meeting up with people, so far I have Rin of Koi Aichaku, and ron~ of Otadesho who I plan to meet up in Japan. So as a friendly reminder if you want to meet up, send an email to adun[AT]moemoerabu[DOT]net and let me know when you’ll be in Japan.

18 Responses to The Fellowship is down to 4 members

Saku

May 14th, 2008 at 1:48 am

Does renting a car make it easier to go around in Japan ? I always thought train is better.

Wow 7-12 items per order ? How often do you order from hlj.com ?

Ah…I wanna go to Japan….. hopefully next year ^^

Saku’s last blog post..Just another good weekend in Toronto

Panther

May 14th, 2008 at 2:36 am

I question the use of an RX8. Why would you need such a car in Japan? Far as I know, that car is made for looks and not for real function.

AOforever1

May 14th, 2008 at 5:27 am

Just think of your spending cut going towards another good or service that will provide even more Moe satisfaction :) I would. Heck, I can’t even spend that much on figures alone :(

Rin

May 14th, 2008 at 6:10 am

The Epic battle plan at Comiket!!! Must plan!!! LOL!!!
Still, your lucky to go for a month.
It happens, people who wants to go but can’t afford it is something that I had to deal with too or due to unforseen events, they can’t go. I had to plan for that too. So far, I’ve spent 700 for hotel for 9 days. This is per person. Money is always the thing that prevents people from going. Well, usually anyways.
Renting an RX-8, would like to sit in one. It’s a real nice car. Your lucky to get one that will drive you around in Japan.
That’s a lot of things that you order. WOW!!! I see you ordered the lucky Star figures. Me too!!! Waiting on them now!!!
Still, I wish is can go to Animelo or even Wonder Fes. I want those figures bad!!! It’s a lot cheaper there then anywhere.
Anyways, hope to see you at Comiket. We should meet somewhere at Comiket. Or we can even meet for the Lucky Star venture!!! See you in Japan.

Rin’s last blog post..Singing Kotori

May 14th, 2008 at 8:51 am

Wow, your brave to drive in Japan. I’ve heard most people over here say that they will not drive anywhere where if your sitting at a red light and the guy behind you hits you, your partially at fault.

I’m not familiar with the RX-8 but the Skylines are really popular with Sailors over here.

I might be in Japan at the same time you are but who knows lol. Right now, I am extremely far away from Japan at the moment. Hopefully they let us come home before Comiket starts. (:

May 14th, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Saku: If you plan to stay in the Tokyo then there’s no point in hiring a car. Trains are the way to go. I plan to hire a car because I want to drive outside of Tokyo. As for HLJ orders, if I see something I want or a friend links me to something that he knows that I’ll buy, I’ll place the order for it.

Panther: Hiring a car is for me to drive outside of Tokyo, not around Tokyo. Also I plan to go around on some of the highways. The choice for an RX-8 is simple. I may plan to buy one in the future and I thought it would be a good idea to try one out in Japan than go to a dealer and test drive one.

AOforever1: My spending certainly has dropped quite a bit over the weeks as I knew that if I didn’t, I’d be in trouble for living expenses in Japan.

Rin: True, money is always the big factor and for a month’s trip, I think a minimum of $4k is required, just to cover cost of food and transportation, and seeing attractions. Meeting up would be cool. A shame you we won’t meet up when I have the car, assuming that I go ahead with it. But yes EPIC BATTLE PLAN!!

Punynari: Well for a hire car, there’s still the insurance I have to pay out. Although I’m a bit more of an enthusiastic driver at home, if I’m going to be overseas I’m going to be more careful. I’m not really into the Skylines but like I said for the RX-8, I’m considering looking into buying one in the future, so a test drive in Japan would be great. I do hope we get to meet up as that would be great.

icie

May 14th, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Did the issues discussed involve…AIDS? :P

My trip is going to have six people, one of whom I never met before. Hopefully the group dynamics won’t be too bad.

Nice to see you have events all lined up and stuff. I have no events planned for my trip (yet), but then again, I’m not restricting myself to Tokyo and therabouts. Actually right now I am more worried about saving up enough dough. I cancelled all my unpaid figure orders already lol.

ron~

May 14th, 2008 at 4:26 pm

I’m going there with 2 friends, so 3 with me :) we definitely need to meet there, and I assume you will hire a mobile right? I’ll ask for your number later via email hehe

Not sure if comiket is good place to meet.., too many ppl there.

ron~’s last blog post..1/8 Pastel Ink Moetan ~ GSC ~ Part 2

Windbell

May 14th, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Damn. I was planning to head down to Melbourne for a bit… maybe I should head to Japan LOL!

Windbell’s last blog post..Idol Photobooks and The Rules of Thirds

May 14th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

icie: That’s a pretty bold move, going to Japan with someone you never met before. I hope nothing goes wrong for you.

ron~: Nah no need to hire a mobile. I’ll be carrying my phone with me since I can use my phone there. Just need to enable international roaming.

Windbell: Come to Japan. Join my EPIC BATTLE PLAN!

ron~

May 15th, 2008 at 1:00 am

what mobile provider do you use? not sure if mine (Three), can be used there. I rent a mobile last year, not cheap =\

ron~’s last blog post..1/8 Pastel Ink Moetan ~ GSC ~ Part 2

louki

May 15th, 2008 at 7:22 am

It would be even more epic if you’ll meet Danny Choo during your trip :D

May 15th, 2008 at 8:08 am

ron~: I’m with Three as well and I know that you can use 3phones in Japan. A friend of mine was able to use her phone over there. Also hiring a phone would be a pain as I wouldn’t need to use it all that often.

louki: I plan to meet Danny Choo, I just haven’t organised it just yet.

Rin

May 15th, 2008 at 5:26 pm

I’m going with 1 friend for sure but my other friend doesn’t know when he’ll arrive in Jpan. So he’s a maybe. I had to save money and work my ass off at work to make a lot of money. Currently, planning to use at least 2k on goods. So far. If I save more, I’ll buy more goods in Japan.
So far, don’t know how to get a cell phone in Japan since my provider (Fido) might not work there, I have to make sure. I wonder if I can get a cell phone at the airport when I arrive in Japan. I would love to use my phone in Japan.
Must start to organizing the EPIC BATTLE PLAN soon. I want to meet Danny Choo in Japan too!!! If you do, add me in to the plan.
Ron~!!!! meet at Comiket, it maybe a lot people, but we can meet near the end of Comiket and do some blogger meet which I hear from Adun, Shingo from Heisei Democracy organizes it.
It would be cool for all of use meeting in Japan!!!

Rin’s last blog post..Dengeki G’s Festival Comic

ron~

May 15th, 2008 at 6:13 pm

hmm that means I need to enable my mobile roaming, because last year I cant use my three there.

@rin: yah, but better if we go meet at akiba and have lunch together :)

ron~’s last blog post..1/8 Pastel Ink Moetan ~ GSC ~ Part 2

Rin

May 16th, 2008 at 5:13 am

We can do that. We can meet at Akiba for lunch. WHat you think Adun. Want to meet in Akiba.
I do perfer meeting in Comiket or the Lucky Star venture…

Rin’s last blog post..Dengeki G’s Festival Comic

May 18th, 2008 at 12:18 am

Rin: Meeting at Comiket may be a bit difficult unless its after the event, unless you plan to camp out the night before like me and my friends. I think we could meet up together for the Lucky Star outing as I’m sure you’ll be flat broke if we met up at Akiba and went on a shopping spree, lol. Still its not a bad thing to meet up in Akiba.

ron~: As long as your phone is 3G enabled as Japan uses 3G networks, your phone should work. I’ll also be using my phone since family want to me to keep in touch with them now and then. Though I’m relatively sure 3 phones will work there.

Rin

May 18th, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Okay, I like the idea about meeting for the Lucky Star outing or at Akiba. We can meet at the night before Comiket start. Since I’ll be staying at Daiba. It doesn’t take long for me to get there.
Just tell me when or which day you are going to Akiba or which day are you going to the Lucky Star outing…
Plus where to meet…