ARIA licensed by TRSI & Nozomi

May 2, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, ARIA The Natural, ARIA The Origination, ARIA The OVA ~ARIETTA~

The journey in ARIA may be over for a lot of us, but it’s definitely a new beginning for many to come. This is something that I was hoping for and it’s finally here. ARIA has been licensed. Of course it’s not just the first season, ARIA The Animation, but it includes ARIA The Natural, ARIA The OVA ~Arietta~, and the third season ARIA The Origination. Oh happy days~~

One of the bets things about the news of this release is that TRSI will be releasing this as a complete boxset rather than individual volumes but as well as only having Japanese audio track and English subtitles. I must say this is certainly good news as I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to handle hearing an English dub of my all time favourite series. The first boxset will be released in September 2008, luckily it’s after my Japan trip, but now that I know there is a US release inbound, it makes me wonder if I should still buy the Japanese DVDs.

So once again, I shall make the trip to Neo-Venezia this year, thank you TRSI and Nozomi Entertainment.

Visit the Official Site.

18 Responses to ARIA licensed by TRSI & Nozomi

PCgamer

May 2nd, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Not bad :). I just fear the voice acting :D. It will be very hard to translate some of the catch phrases without ruing them. but not really matter let’s hope that they will increase the speed of translating the manga so I can buy the rest of the volumes :D

dKiWi

May 2nd, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Well good game to my wallet that’s for sure. ARIA on blu-ray would be nothing short of awesomely incredible.

dKiWi’s last blog post..The hidden dangers in Japanese cartoons

TP

May 2nd, 2008 at 11:30 pm

@PCgamer:

This should explain the lack of English dubs. (Language retention/non-localization FTW! Screw the main audience.)

Thanks, adun, for the tip-off. And while saying this might pissed off some people, I really hope the current exchange rate for the US vs. the rest of the world remains as it is. Less reasons to get R2 DVDs (which is unattainable any any international prices).

TP’s last blog post..It’s Been A Long Time: Let’s Talk About P2P

Stripey

May 2nd, 2008 at 11:40 pm

MWAHAHAHA! FINALLY!!! I always laid down that moolah for ARIA R3s just yesterday! Glad I didn’t. Looking forward to the releases.

Stripey’s last blog post..The lure of light-haired lolis – A lascivious lolicious list

AOforever1

May 3rd, 2008 at 2:26 am

They could of at least waited till the Origination was subbed -_-
HnK’s slow down really killed it. Now I have to wait a year before I can finish the series!

Zeroblade

May 3rd, 2008 at 3:44 am

Sweet. Except I doubt I’ll be able to get it locally :(

Zeroblade’s last blog post..Artbook: Comic Party Visual Fun Book

ron~

May 3rd, 2008 at 6:29 am

hooray, I hope it won’t be long till Madman bring them here :D

ron~’s last blog post..Game Preview: Tears to Tiara ~ PS3

May 3rd, 2008 at 7:04 am

TP: I was planning on buying the R2 DVDs when I was going to Japan. Personally I don’t find R2 DVDs all that expensive but then I never bother looking at the prices.

Stripey: Lucky for you. Perhaps Neo-Venezia was calling you to wait?

AOforever1: Oh damn I never considered that the fansubs haven’t finished yet. Now I also have to wait till the DVD gets released.

ron~: I hope so as well, but I’ll still buy the US release.

HisuiIBMower4

May 3rd, 2008 at 7:57 am

According to the official web site Aria Season1′s entire dvd box set is cheaper than a singel volume of R2 DVD.I’ll try my best to get it although order R1 dvd is much difficult than get jp R2 in my country

May 3rd, 2008 at 10:04 am

This is good news indeed. (: The pricing is much better than with Sola, so I’ll be picking these up for sure.

At first I was a little upset there would be no dub but the more I thought about it, the more I don’t think they could pull it off. Too much would be lost in translation, especially with the catch phrases as mentioned above.

rubyeye

May 3rd, 2008 at 10:42 am

I feel really ashamed for not finishing my ARIA AMV before this was announced. But this gives me an incentive to finish it nonetheless, both for myself and the fans. I’m actually surprised by the annoucement because even though similar shows like EMMA and Maria-sama were picked up, they haven’t even come out yet. It’s all well and good, and I for one am glad they are not dubbing it, ARIA just wouldn’t be ARIA in English.

Silver

May 3rd, 2008 at 2:47 pm

Wow…. I really don’t know what to say now. Well, anyway, definitely going to preorder it later since this would be great. Aria is just one of those series that I would also like to buy including DNAngel and Kino no Tabi which both I just recently bought.

Rin

May 3rd, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Wow!!! For once, they release something with original voices instead of some bad dubbed over. Still, would be nice to see this in stores soon. I wonder how much would it cost when it comes out……?

Rin’s last blog post..Anime Stores in Toronto: Part 1

May 5th, 2008 at 11:06 am

Hopefully it won’t be too expensive when it comes out. I hope they include something special in the box set like a mini figure of the presidents from the 3 different companies, that would be awesome. It will be interesting to here the English dub, but I would still probably lean towards the original Japanese ;p.

AS’s last blog post..So close to the drinking age :P….

iNQ37

May 7th, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Wow! <3 that is probably the only way I would want ARIA to be released. I too wouldn’t be able to bear the crappy english dubbing.

natalie

May 10th, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Aria is a cool anime, but i never see the anime.I just read the comic from my friend
I ussualy borow ARIA from my friend.
he..he i nkow ARIA from efraim,his brother told me to read ARIA.
Aria is the best anime and manga I ever Read.

Alicia

August 14th, 2008 at 11:22 am

YAY ^_^, i love aria more then anything. This is great news. I went to Japan, Tokyo , Akihabara luckely they still have Aria items, i bought myself the dvd set, Aria towels, and i got myself posters, and anime figures and even an aria calculator, but my most prized posession is still to come, i went there to get a Aria cosplay suit, but my size is rather tall so they didn’t have it, i actually managed to get one custom made and send to the country were i live, and am waiting in full expectation of it ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uggnwtmxCI0 is my favorite song called lumis eterne.

I hope everyone is going to enjoy wonderfull feelings watching it ,its worth it =D

amv

March 22nd, 2009 at 12:31 am

me too hope it won’t be long till Madman bring them here