ARIA Premium Poster Book 3

January 6, 2008 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, ARIA The Natural, ARIA The Origination, Merchandise

With the ARIA The ORIGINATION anime set to air tonight, I thought that this would be an appropriate post to get the ARIA fans all geared up for it. Not to mention a few of you have been waiting for me to post this up. So having taken the time to take pictures last night in the somewhat grueling heat that is an Australian summer, here it is, ARIA Premium Poster Book 3! Hit the jump to check out the other pictures.

Just for the record, I edited these really quickly. Normally I’d crop them but this unbearable heat is getting to me and I really can’t be bothered to do so. Well not that it matters since you only want to see the posters themselves. Anyway, just like the previous poster book, the box itself is BIG. Well of course it would be big since it holds 10 A2 sized posters. The above picture is the front of the poster book.

The back of the poster book. It gives a nice summary of the 10 posters that were selected for this collection.

Upon removing the actual “book” part that holds the posters, you are greeted by a large print of the chibi characters.

Flipping to the other side we get another print of the 3 companies and their logos.

Opening up the book, we see a place holder that keeps the book itself square. One side it shows what previous artworks were selected for Premium Poster Book 01. I really wish I could find this as I didn’t buy it when I was in Japan. perhaps I’ll find one in my next trip to Japan.

Flipping to the other side, we get the same thing, but this time reminding us of what was available in Premium Poster Book 02.

Now what you all have been waiting for. The actual posters themselves! Just like when I bought Premium Poster Book 2, I was absolutely astonished by the size, the quality of the print, but also the selected artwork to be included in this collection.

Removing the place holder, the first thing you see is this coloured print of Akari. This is actually just a cover to protect the actual posters themselves but this in itself can be used as a poster. Plus Akari in casual clothing is so cute~~

When I took these pictures, it got kind of frustrating trying to hold up the previous ones and take photos at the same time. So what I did this time was actually peel them off making it easier to hang and take photos of. Unfortunately thanks to my clumsy hands, there is a small rip at the top of the Akari cover, but it’s not a big of a deal. As long as the posters are fine.

Now the one awesome thing I like about this poster book, and the same thing applies to the second one. It isn’t actually 10 posters, but in fact 20. Flip over the coloured side and you get the following:

Of course it also doesn’t stop there. Like like the posters themselves, the poster cover also have a reverse side:

The reverse side of the Akari cover.

The reverse side of the back cover.

And lastly, the back cover is Aika. This was difficult to take since the covers are actually a part of the book and can’t be removed without force, but this gives you a general idea of what it looks like. Plus Aika in her casual clothes is also cute.

This year’s Premium Poster Book focuses on individuality where last year’s was more focused on groups, so you can select who should go up on your wall. Personally for me, I would like to hang all of them up, but with no wall space, these won’t be hung up for quite a long time. This collection I’m sure is from previous works already but the group one I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere just yet. Out of the 10 posters available, I would say that the Akari and Cait Sith poster would probably the MOST brilliant one out of them all. It’s just such a romantic picture and having this in A2 makes me put a smile on my face every time I see it.

In terms of miscellaneous purchases of 2007, this would come close to being the most worthy purchase and I hope you can see why. Normally I would have purchased this through HLJ, but HLJ have been so damn slow in their shipping, I went with Amazon Japan instead as I knew it would arrive here within 3-4 days. With only a price tag of ¥2,857, really, this is so cheap for the quality that you get in the entire package.

If you want one of these, you can purchase a copy from Amazon Japan right here. Though it’s best that you hurry since items like these get sold out really quickly. In fact I’m rather tempted to buy a second one, but I must restrain myself for the greater good. Eventually what I’ll do with these posters is get them laminated or framed, depending on how rich I’m feeling, so really, I can’t wait for the day that I get my own place.

To check out what Premium Poster Book 02 has, check it out here: ARIA Premium Poster Book 02.

I hope this all got you pumped for ARIA The ORIGINATION, because it sure has got me pumped.

23 Responses to ARIA Premium Poster Book 3

Bubby

January 6th, 2008 at 4:29 pm

Oh wow…this looks pretty nice

Pudding

January 6th, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Omg… when i was gonna order form HLJ… it was all out

trying to find some other way to get it now… maybe i could pick one up when i go japan this year.. hopefully still be some by then

Hijiko

January 6th, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Such nice posters, the Akari (beach) and Cait Sith are really nicely done. The beach Akari is almost enough to convert me from a Alice to Akari fan. It’s nice to see them in casual clothing rather than their uniforms.

Skh

January 6th, 2008 at 7:11 pm

Awesome.

HisuiIBMower4

January 6th, 2008 at 8:01 pm

This afternoon through an hour of bike ridding I finally get my Sola Visual Fanbook

Alfisti

January 7th, 2008 at 12:20 am

You gonna start costing me money… well, more money.
REALLY like the casual clothing shots, particularly the outfits in the margins of the monochrome prints.

Shavelle

January 7th, 2008 at 3:40 am

I’ve been wondering for a while now, but just how big are these posters?

Personally, I prefer the 2nd poster book for having more group shots, but the Cait Sith and last group shot of this one make it quite tempting. That is, if I actually manage to hunt one down.

myu

January 7th, 2008 at 4:26 am

I´ve though about laminating some of my collection too. Those Aria posters will look so awesome, better than normal paintings.

myu’s last blog post..First Impression: Rosario + Vampire

January 7th, 2008 at 5:45 am

Pudding: Yeah I’m sure HLJ ran out of stock two days after it’s release. Like I said, your best bet is Amazon Japan, only if you’re willing to pay the EMS shipping tag on it.

Hijiko: Cait Sith and Akari is just a thing of beauty. But casual clothing is also a definite trreat, much like Maria in episode 35 of Hayate no Gotoku.

Alifisti: All the more to keep you guys happy with the purchases that you make :P

Shavelle: As stated, they are A2 sized posters.

Pudding

January 7th, 2008 at 10:53 am

too bad… i cant make an account in Amazon coz i dont have a credit card =/ only way for me is thru SMJ or go japan but yeh… they r soo cool that i want them

KDBA

January 8th, 2008 at 12:31 am

Gaaaah, why must shipping to New Zealand be so expensive? It’ll cost more to get it here than the damn book costs. And yet I desire that Akari Cait Sidhe poster so….

KDBA

January 8th, 2008 at 1:06 am

To heck with it. I’ve just ordered it from YesAsia.com, for a bit less than Amazon Japan wanted to charge me. Delicious ARIA….

Choo

January 8th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

woah. yu sure love ARIA a lot eh? nice posters. Anyways i’ve change my blog title from ☆.Daily Life.☆ to Rhapsody SoS, hope you won mind changing. Thanks ^^

Choo’s last blog post..MC King, goodbye =(

lu-k

January 8th, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Mine just arrived today *happy*
But haven’t found place top display those from book 2 yet… so it’s gonna be the same for book 3 T_T

lu-k’s last blog post..Yotsuba&!

cbeley

January 9th, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I ordered mine off of HLJ and it has been shipping via SAL for 13 days now. If I’m really lucky, I may get it tomorrow (and if I’m not, I’ll get it 2 weeks from now :-( ). I’m pretty excited though. I was a tad disappointed that there were less group pictures (I ordered it before I had any idea what the posters were going to be), but this still seems like an awesome poster book and I love Aria. I especially like the group picture of them all in the water and Akari in her casual clothes (even though that one isen’t one of the actual posters). I’m tempted to order the poster book II off of akadot…but, considering I’m going to college next year, I’ll only have so much room and I think I’d rather hunt down the Amanou Kouze artbook II (I already have III, which I absolutely love…if anyone knows a not horribly overpriced place for II, PLEASE let me know).

Once I get them, I’m going to try framing as many as I can ^^ (I only have one frame big enough right now though :-( I may just end up hanging them up carefully without frames).

Thanks for the pictures and making me hope for dear god (or deities, or gods, or system maintainers or 42) that it gets here tomorrow, but the post office in japan was probally delayed somewhat after my order shipped, so I have a feeling it’s unlikely with SAL shipping and such a big package.

January 9th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

ARIA, ARIA, ARIA, ARIA FTW ^^.

AS’s last blog post..The death of L, again!!!

Fairy-tales

January 20th, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Will you scan the posters and submit it to AnimePaper?

January 20th, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Fairy-tales: No. My policy is that I do not scan any of the books/posters that I buy as it is time consuming, and not feasible on the scanner I have here. If you want these, I suggest you purchase the Poster Book itself.

homeless_homo

February 9th, 2008 at 11:14 pm

I’ve had my posters up for awhile but I never noticed that the back included the character names. I knew it had the art but I guess I just missed the names. But holy hell is that Woody’s real name? Is woody supposed to be a combination of Udo and Li?

homeless_homo’s last blog post..The girl who leapt through time…and stayed there.

Maceart

February 21st, 2008 at 12:35 pm

yesasia.com has this poster book for 45 bucks (40 if you find a 5 dollar off coupon).

But damn, I really need to find the first poster book…

iamAfan

May 10th, 2008 at 3:10 pm

For one thing i am really jealous right now…. i thank you for showing us your aria collection, well yea i am still jealous, once i get my own credit card i wont mind paying for it since it is aria :)

nightmaker

January 19th, 2009 at 10:48 am

i want it too <3 <3

Sung Gyu

February 24th, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I have been looking for this posterbook for ages, yet I have just been unable to find it. Do you know of any websites, that still have this available for purchase? It would be much appreciated.