ARIA 2008 Wall Calendar

December 9, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, ARIA The Natural, ARIA The Origination, Merchandise

Now of course, when they release a desktop calendar, there will always be a wall calendar, and this year is no exception. Having ordered it together with the 2008 Desktop calendar, I was greatly anticipating what the 2008 wall calendar holds. Having enjoyed immensely what the 2007 wall calendar had, I could only speculate that it would be just as awesome. So hit the jump to check out the photos.

Just like when I bought this last year, Amazon shipped it in a very LARGE box where the box that contains the wall calendar is only half it’s size. Plus the most annoying thing with Amazon and it’s express shipping, there has to be someone home to sign for the package, and if there is no one there, they leave a notice saying to come pick it up at the depot, and that depot is like halfway towards Sydney. Such a pain having to go all the way down there to pick it up after work, but luckily the depot doesn’t close until 8pm. Though most would think just get them to redeliver it. Well I’ve done that before, even set a time, and a lot of the time, the delivery person never arrives on time. ~sigh~ Oh and click on the images to see a larger version.

Just like last years, 7 different prints, and all lovely selections to be used for a wall calendar. News ones for me are first one and the third last one. The pairing art works are the cover for the ARIA The ANIMATION drama CDs, but these are the full scale version, where the drama CDs are cropped. The 4th image, the one of the building, is the full scale version of the cover for ARIA The NATURAL Original Soundtrack due.

In the end, I find it very hard to compare this to the 2007 wall calendar. They’ve chosen a nice selection for each one, but out of the 2008 set, I would have to say the cover art for this calendar is my favourite, and then the actual pairing art works. So with the end of 2007 coming soon, what will happen to the 2007 calendar? Well as I mentioned in the 2007 wall calendar post, I’ll most like end up cutting out the images and have them laminated and turn them into posters. Now I just need to find a suitable place that can do it well.

Also to note, I WON’T SCAN THESE, so don’t bother asking. If you really want the images for these, I suggest you buy them yourself as it only costs ¥2000, which is dirt cheap. Buy your copy over at Amazon Japan here. HLJ never seem to stock the wall calendar at all.

14 Responses to ARIA 2008 Wall Calendar

Bubby

December 9th, 2007 at 6:21 pm

Too much Aria… o_O
but nice pictures…prefer this one over the desktop one… :)

Fisherman Horizon

December 9th, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Hmmm. except for the first one, the rest are old pictures. Looking forward to desktop ones.

Fisherman Horizon’s last blog post..Random Thoughts

double

December 9th, 2007 at 9:41 pm

I have not unwrapped my 2008 Evangelion calendar yet, despite having it in possession for more than a month. I just can’t bear to do, even if not doing so would be defeating the purpose of getting the calendar in the first place.

double’s last blog post..Is Your Entire Musical Preference 101% Purely Related to Anime?

December 9th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Bubby: There is never enough ARIA.

Fisherman Horizon: I figured as much, but still, it’s good to have large scale prints of some of the known works though.

double: Yeah a calendar needs to be used. Besides, once you’re finished with it, you can make them into posters.

Alfisti

December 10th, 2007 at 12:14 am

Man, I’ve been looking all over for these things.
Why I never though to go to Amazon I’ve noooooo idea.
Cheers for the pointer.

ron~

December 10th, 2007 at 1:15 am

Just started watching Aria (which is abit too late, I know hehe), and agree with you adun, there is never enough Aria :D

ron~’s last blog post..1/8 Princess ~ Kotobukiya

AOforever1

December 10th, 2007 at 6:54 am

It’s finals week, but seeing this post made things better for me :D
Thanks Adun.

December 10th, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Alfisti: Amazon Japan is one of the more reliable places to get your DVDs or books. Whether you want to spend that extra bit on the shipping is up to you.
ron~: Never enough ARIA! And I do plan to one day visit Venice because of ARIA, lol.
AOforever1: It’s good to know that this time I didn’t make you all jealous.

TheBigN

December 11th, 2007 at 12:21 am

:o

I feel a strong urge to go an buy this. :3

TheBigN’s last blog post..A Minor Gripe: Soo Nan De-su Ker?

December 11th, 2007 at 5:16 am

Ai-chan wearing an ARIA uniform @_@, very kawaii. I too am taking exams (my next one is in 30 minutes O_o) and currently taking a break (need a break in between studying or else my mind doesn’t take it all in) and seeing this has made my day.

AS’s last blog post..Evil has once again shown itself and it takes the form of…

December 11th, 2007 at 9:21 pm

TheBigN: You should, it’s a worthwhile purchase, plus it’ll look great on your wall.

AS: Nothing like a dose of ARIA goodness before an exam.

Pudding

December 12th, 2007 at 10:18 pm

ah.. love that first cover page >_

Pudding

December 12th, 2007 at 10:21 pm

arg last post screwed up >_> well… the cover page shows alot to the beauty of aira =D
i thot they will put akari and caitsith’s as one of them but meh =/ time to get mine

Davis

March 8th, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Wonderful 2008 wall calenders…..!