ARIA 2008 Desktop Calendar

December 9, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, ARIA The Natural, ARIA The Origination, Merchandise

Having got wind of this a few months ago, I couldn’t resist ordering the ARIA 2008 Desktop Calendar given that the 2007 version was just so cute. Plus it’ll be added to my ever growing ARIA merchandise collection. So how much has changed over the one year in Amano Kozue’s style? Well hit the jump to check out the photos to see what art work has been included in the 2008 version.

Some slight differences in this version where it seems the focus has shifted slightly to individual portraits, and more of a group thing for the cat presidents. Plus this time it feels as if Amano Kozue’s style has changed a little bit, but it still keeps intact the beauty that we see in all her works. Also the focus has shifted to the the lovely undines in training, but also more on Akari, not that it’s a bad thing. It could also be the influence of the ARIA The OVA ~Arietta~. Most of the artwork in this collection is new to me except the June page artwork, which is a piece that is seen with ARIA Volume 11, which is somewhere in my room, somewhere….

Still it’s a very nice and cheap addition to ARIA empire that is building up. But of course, this is a calendar that will never see any use, not even at my desk at work. Sure there is space for you to write some VERY minor notes for the days of the month, but would you write in this calendar? Such a shame though, but tha’s just the way of the collector. Plus with this only being ¥1400, I could always buy a second one.

So if you want one of these, you can get one at Amazon Japan here. Unfortunately seems like HLJ have sold out already.

13 Responses to ARIA 2008 Desktop Calendar

lu-k

December 9th, 2007 at 5:51 pm

I usually don’t care much about calendars, but have ordered this one though ^^;

lu-k’s last blog post..SOS団 is Watching You

0rion

December 9th, 2007 at 6:12 pm

The May one makes me happy.

0rion’s last blog post..Kaiji 09 – ANDOOOOUUU!!

Fisherman Horizon

December 9th, 2007 at 6:49 pm

YI’m awaiting mine on EMS shipping from HLJ. They had too much orders and just ship on Sat. One thing I liked about desktop is you get 12 illustrations instead of 6 for the wall calendar. I also notice there’s a change in the drawing style but not too bad. The july, sept and november are precisely while desktop calendar is a must for ARIA fans.

Fisherman Horizon’s last blog post..Random Thoughts

December 9th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

lu-k: Neither do I, but since it’s ARIA, I just couldn’t resist.

0rion: Because Alice-chan is so cute~~

Fisherman Horizon: That’s why I prefer Amazon over HLJ when it comes to books or DVDs, because they ship it faster. HLJ recently have been slow in processing orders despite moving into a new facility.

AOforever1

December 10th, 2007 at 7:03 am

Adun: Do you know if Amazon.jp will ship to the US? And if they do; am I required to enter my shipping and billing info in hiragana?

hayase

December 10th, 2007 at 11:43 am

@Adun

Lucky you. I kept checking the calendars displayed at Animate for something like this and never saw anything I really liked–or even an ARIA calendar. Maybe I should have that Aria Shacho stuffed toy instead.

hayase’s last blog post..Mechalicious Spring 2008

December 10th, 2007 at 6:48 pm

AOforever1: Amazon Japan will ship to the US, also you don’t need to know Japanese when making an account. You’ll only need to know Japanese when browsing for items. Though whether you’re willing to pay the somewhat steep shipping price, Amazon is the more reliable place to purchase this.

hayase: They must have been sold pretty quick. Or you may have to look in other shops. But yes, you should get a Aria-shachou plushy!

Fisherman Horizon

December 10th, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Cause they have too many orders to process.. lucky I used EMS. otherwise it’ll be after new year to get it.

Fisherman Horizon’s last blog post..ARIA Desktop Calendar 2008

December 11th, 2007 at 5:13 am

Ahhhhhh, so kawaii ^^. I don’t even look at calenders, I just check on my phone for what day it is, but I would so get this. At least the thought of having it pleases me lol.

AS’s last blog post..Evil has once again shown itself and it takes the form of…

December 11th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Fisherman Horizon: Figures I’m not too fussed about coming in late. I have more than enough sitting behind me, lol.

AS: Oh I don’t look at calendars either, since I sit in front of a computer for 14 hours a day so I just use the computer’s calendar.

iNQ37

December 24th, 2007 at 11:40 am

this years calendar wasn’t as good as last year. but it’s still good

Uzumaki174

January 6th, 2008 at 1:23 am

Nice calendar. Maybe I buy this year Aria calendar :)

Uzumaki174′s last blog post..Clannad DVD Bonus

mukyaa~ · New Year’s Gift

January 14th, 2008 at 1:18 am

[...] and for a full review of the ARIA 2008 Desktop Calendar, Adun did a very good one at Moe Moe Rabu some weeks [...]