Animania Sydney 2007 – Saturday Cosplay Part 2

September 30, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Conventions & Events, Everyday Life, Photography

Part 2 of the cosplay pictures continues on here. As stated before, with the introduction of the new cosplay competition policy, it turned out to be awesome. Hit the jump to check out the rest. WARNING: Picture intensive post.

Having an entire day to mess around with the flash, I think some of the photos turned out alright, some not so. But deep down I know I could do better than this, even with the crappy standard 18-55mm. Also the position I was sitting for the cosplay competition wasn’t exactly the best. I was sitting about two rows in front of the judges, plus using the 75-300mm, I was too close as I couldn’t get full shots. Though I think when people stand up in the front row, that doesn’t help either.

Well for Sunday, I’ll have to reconsider where I’ll be taking photos from. I wish they had a platform for people with high level of equipment to stand on so they can get clearer shots. Though from where I was sitting, I think using a 28-70mm or a 24-105mm lens would be better for a convention as it allows for the wide angle shots as well as the zoom. I also noticed a lot of photographers with some excellent equipment. If any of you photographers are reading this, what equipment are you using?

Well that’s it for Saturday, hopefully I can get Sunday’s pictures up tonight when I get back.

To check out some other awesome photos, check out Bubby from AnimeSydney collection of photos he took. He has a massive collection of over 500 photos for Saturday. Check them out here.

8 Responses to Animania Sydney 2007 – Saturday Cosplay Part 2

Bubby

September 30th, 2007 at 8:27 am

Nice photos and thanks for the mention :)
I was using a Canon 5D, 28-135mm USM IS lens and 550EX Speedlite and a battery grip to survive the 580 shots I took. My back and arms feel sore from carrying all that.

Hijiko

September 30th, 2007 at 9:03 am

The level of cosplay is certainly matter than before, however some of the ones you post have a potential to cause mind-scarring effects =P. Though the two gundam ones were not bad, but that skimpy-dressed guy is borderlining it. The female mario was great though =D. Keep up the pics!!!

September 30th, 2007 at 9:48 am

What’s up with the girl with the Pocky? Is she “Pocky Girl”, I would buy Pocky from her any day lol.

ron~

September 30th, 2007 at 11:43 am

one piece group and rozen maiden group are awesome, the mario cosplay is hillarious :D

thanks for the photos

David

September 30th, 2007 at 8:05 pm

The One Piece group looked like fun.

How long did it take for the Gundam girls to take off their suit? Certainly an impressing cosplay.

As for the camera. I’m using an EOS400D with a 18-55mm WITHOUT external flash, so I can’t really help you there^^;

Jayzilla

October 1st, 2007 at 10:06 am

Excellent photos dude.
Cosplay is getting better, the screening process helps I guess

Tsukasa

October 7th, 2007 at 2:06 am

On the day I was using my friends Nikon D80 with the SB800 flash and a 18-200mm lens.

Though even with the SB800 I noticed the flash was starting to give up towards the end of cosplay.

One Piece Fansubs