Moé Moé Rabu Business Cards

September 22, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Blog Admin, Everyday Life, Miscellaneous

Since the birth of Moé Moé Rabu, heck even since the old days of Adunitisity, the growth of this blog has indeed a somewhat exponential ride. Being a part of aggregators such as AnimeNano and the AnimeBlogger Antenna has indeed lead brought my most of my visitors, there are still those who don’t browse through the depths of the Internet. Over the past few months, I’ve had people ask me the URL to Moé Moé Rabu whenever it came up in our conversation and it becomes difficult for those to scribble it down let alone remember it.

Having attended SMASH last month, Slykura from Madman Entertainment brought up the idea of me getting business cards. Now that wasn’t too bad of an idea. He mentioned the idea of using Flickr and one of their affiliates to produce business cards. So a bit of researching and I came across MOO, which offer a service to print the pictures you upload to Flickr onto cards and various other items. This is what I produced:

I literally spent an entire weekend going through all my figure photography posts and picking out 20 photos to use as the image for my cards. For those who follow my blog, you’ll remember seeing some of those pictures, and it also made me see how much my photography style has changed. It also makes me wish I could go back and re-edit some of the photos, but meh, too lazy. Anyway, that is the backside of the card, what about the front?

Just the regular details that you see on a business card (minus the phone number). I was hoping to have a logo or some sort on the right side, but MOO minicards only allow text, plus the logos they have available all suck. Anyway, I now have 100 business cards with me to carry around, though I think I’ll be buying a card case so I can carry only a few around.

So why make such a thing? Well I think the idea of having a business card for my blog is good. It means that I can hand it out without the trouble of having to write it down or hope the person remembers. Another reason is that I would like people to see the photos I take of my figures or whatever else they see on my blog. With the upcoming conventions, Animania and Supanova, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people wanting to see photos I take, and if I’m lucky, someone who’ll like my work and ask me to do some jobs for them. but yeah, 100 cards, I don’t think I’ll run out any time soon.

15 Responses to Moé Moé Rabu Business Cards

Steven Den Beste

September 22nd, 2007 at 11:55 pm

By having so many different ones, you’re going to have people who want copies of them all.

AOforever1

September 23rd, 2007 at 12:55 am

At first I was like: “Wow, now we’re talking hardcore otakuism”
Then when I read, “someone who’ll like my work and ask me to do some jobs for them.” Money! Yes! The pwnage of money. Perhaps we’ll be seeing more figures!

moyism

September 23rd, 2007 at 1:21 am

Just as Steven mentioned, it’ll be like trying to collect limited edition cards… you just gotta have them all XD

Danny Choo

September 23rd, 2007 at 7:31 am

Nice. I tried to order from them once but they never arrived – experienced terrible customer service.

Hijiko

September 23rd, 2007 at 9:55 am

It a good idea to have a business card even if you’re not working or even just a student. Not only does it make you look more professional, you can trade all the contact info needed in one go (assuming they don’t lose it =P). Very nice business cards, they’re a bit smaller than the standard ones aren’t they?

September 23rd, 2007 at 10:33 am

Steven and moyism: Lol, then I better create collection No.2. But at least the 20 pictures I took give a variety of different cards, rather than just the one card.

AOforever1: Hardcore indeed! The idea of business cards getting me small jobs is just one of the things about it. But at least it makes me look professional, and that’s important if I want to score a job in doing small time photography. Though like I mentioned before, I only do this as a hobby.

Danny Choo: Initially I was worried about it being lost in the mail. They said it takes 7-10 days to arrive, but it took 14 days. Such a shame about your order though.

Hijiko: They’re smaller than normal business cards because these are called minicards. I’d say they’re about 3/5ths the size of a regular business card. Besides, it was cheap to get 100 cards produced, only $19.99 US for a pack. Plus I didn’t want to order full sized business cards, nor did I want to go around researching prices.

AOforever1

September 23rd, 2007 at 3:25 pm

Oh, I got a question for you guys down south. Are those the regular dimensions for business cards there? I’ve never seen a business card that long before.

blu chocobo

September 24th, 2007 at 6:36 am

Aww!! They’re so cute! *.*

If someone handed me a card like that, I think I would end up having it as a pretty decoration ^^;

Pretty cards = More visitors!

September 24th, 2007 at 9:27 am

Nice cards Adun, good idea you have there. I agree with Steven, they will be collectibles lol. I might do that too in the future if I start to get serious about business ;p.

Sly

September 24th, 2007 at 10:26 am

Sweet as. Glad it worked out. :D

See you round this weekend at Animania.

September 26th, 2007 at 10:08 am

AOforever1: These are minicards, not actual business cards. If you check out the MOO site it’ll explain it all there.

blu chocobo: I wonder how many people will be doing that, lol.

AS: Because blogging is serious business!

Sly: Animania indeed, only a few days left.

alafista

September 27th, 2007 at 12:25 pm

Wow those are really cool cards. Maybe you’d start a new trend for all bloggers to carry their own business cards.

Aya Kyunik

September 27th, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Oh buggar lol
I have plans for business cards for a group that I’m part of which sparked the idea that I should have some for my own blog XD
Looks like a fellow aussie beat me to it~

Those minicards are great, it’s always fun to see photos in a different medium other than on the net :3

oink

September 28th, 2007 at 1:01 am

you’re crazy Adun, I give you one week to leave the earth.

Moé Moé Rabu Business Cards Second Season at Moé Moé Rabu

June 19th, 2008 at 10:26 pm

[...] year I had the idea of creating business cards for Moé Moé Rabu using a collection of photos from my figure photographs. Well having only a few [...]