100,000 Visitors Mark, and the Daily Grind

August 30, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Blog Admin, Everyday Life, Miscellaneous

Yes! Moé Moé Rabu has finally reached the 100,000 visitors mark. Though it probably hit this some time ago as I didn’t add the Site Meter until November last year, but that is also around the time Moé Moé Rabu started. So only 9 months, not so bad. But of course, I couldn”t have reached this stage without my dear readers. So thank you all for reading my blog and I hope you continue to do so.

So it’s been a good 9 weeks since I started the new job and things have been flat out since Day 1. For those who don’t know, I’m currently a web developer working in a small dev shop specializing in Adobe ColdFusion. So how much have I learnt about it? Sweet fuck all, lol. A good reason as well. When I first started, I was doing an online training course for ColdFusion until the boss started allocating me work. So the training has come to a halt and I’m thrown into the deep end.

Lucky me I got allocated the task of database work for a few major projects, and that’s all I”ve been doing for the past 7 weeks. At least the benefit is that I know more database and SQL than my fellow new-comers. But I can see now that being in the daily grind, my free time was just obliterated. But I still make time at nights for anime and socialising with friends, online and offline. But of course, with a steady income, let”s just say my HLJ list went from a low 6 items to something I haven”t seen since my last Japan trip.

All in all, life is good. Working away learning more about web development, spending more on otaku goods, and having my night-life back! But now that we leaving Winter have entered into the convention time of the year for Sydney, looking forward to those as well as some more photography work. Also I plan to make some business cards for me to hand out during conventions thanks to a suggestion by a friend. Things are going to get busy for the next month or so.

13 Responses to 100,000 Visitors Mark, and the Daily Grind

khardic_paladin

August 30th, 2007 at 9:05 pm

\o/ 100k visits!
You sould totally get like a belt holster for business cards. Or an underarm rig with a backup on your belt XD
See you at Animania!

Danny Choo

August 30th, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Congrats!
my 2 yen re cold fusion – not many people use it and its not that useful when looking for work…

PHP, Ruby or other opensource languages are suggested.

TheBigN

August 30th, 2007 at 9:59 pm

Congrats to 100K hits. :)

CherylHew

August 30th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

Wow, congratulations on the 100k!! Wahaha good to know your HLJ list has expanded… Means more awesome figurine photography is on the way!! XD!

August 30th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

khardic_paladin: Oh I’ll figure out how I’m going to be carrying stuff at Animania. Not to mention I’ve had practice carrying all my equipment whilst on photo shoots but I can still dump my stuff somewhere.

Danny Choo: On the contrary, there is plenty of work out there for ColdFusion developers. There are plenty of dev shops out there that are desperate for ColdFusion developers but it’s hard to find someone with experience in it, and they aren’t willing to risk training those who want to learn. Another reason is that ColdFusion isn’t free either, unlike PHP, Ruby etc, hence why people go for those options. However I do plan to learn more of those languages one day.

TheBigN: Thanks.

CherylHew: Truth be told! More figure, more photography.

Hijiko

August 31st, 2007 at 3:30 am

Congratulations, so does that mean you’ll finally get me that Alice fig I’ve wanted for so long =P. Anyways, keep up the work, I’ll keep reading and don’t stress yourself…. much =).

August 31st, 2007 at 1:09 pm

Congrats on the 100k mark, not a small achievement there ^^. Looking forward to more figure pics. How do you get pics like Kagami from this post? Do you make it yourself or find it through another source? Wouldn’t mind something like that for my own sites achievements, just had my 100th comment.

August 31st, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Hijiko: One day Hiji, perhaps when I come to Canada.

AS: I used sites like akibakko.net and danbooru (http://miezaru.donmai.us/) for all my picture needs. Though akibakko loads pretty slowly for me.

Nymeria

September 1st, 2007 at 12:40 am

-v-
Congratulations on 100k visits
Please fight on~~~

lu-k

September 1st, 2007 at 3:43 am

Omedeto!! Kanpai!
See ya when a new zero will be appended to your hit counter ;)

Kouji

September 1st, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Congrats Adun!, happy to see this site is really taking off, also, glad to hear everything is going good in your life!, i wish for much more reading from your site =)

AOforever1

September 2nd, 2007 at 12:44 am

You’re becoming quite popular now :D Congrats.

September 2nd, 2007 at 1:35 am

Nymeria: Fighto dayo!

lu-k: Boy that’s going to be a long road. Let hope I’m not burnt out by the time that comes.

Kouji: Indeed. Stuff is going great, just the way life should be.

AOforever1: Yeah, what’s the go with that?? lol