Choco Cornet GET!

May 31, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Anime Randoms, Everyday Life

Anime has always portrayed various well known foods, or snacks in particular. Onegai Teacher had Pocky. Kanon had taiyaki and strawberry sundaes. Shakugan no Shana had melon bread. And now there is Lucky Star, and this time it brings along choco cornets. Konata’s staple intake of choco cornets for lunch has definitely made my otaku burning passion to try one myself, but living out as far as I do from the city, all seemed to be in vain. But alas, today was a trip into the city, and heading into one of my regular places to buy sweet bread, I found it!

For my Sydney-sider readers, I found this at BreadTop, which is located on the Ground Floor of World Square. Although the conversation they had in episode one got me thinking of which do you see as the head. Although I couldn’t pick which one, I decided to buy two so I could try eating them from different ends. So far I’ve eaten one but I’m not going to describe what I think of it since I’m not a food critic. But still, for those who want one and be like Konata, now you know where to get one. Boy do I feel like a geek, lol.

UPDATE: I just ate the second one from the thin end and the chocolate just oozed out. Luckily I was eating in the kitchen so I didn’t make too much of a mess.

21 Responses to Choco Cornet GET!

Aya Kyunik

May 31st, 2007 at 11:23 pm

BreadTop eh~?
We got a few stores of that here in Melbourne, I think I’ll check it out when I work since there’s one right next to it… assuming they have it. ^^;

lu-k

June 1st, 2007 at 12:08 am

aaaaaah I want a choco cornet :’(
There are no baker around where I live (south-west of France, near Spain) who produce choco cornet… I’ll have to check that in biggest cities :o

Damn you! it’s 4pm at time i’m writting this comment… and now I’m hungry.
I’ll have to comfort myself with chocolatine haha ;)

homeless_homo

June 1st, 2007 at 7:09 am

Is the chocolate inside as soft and liquidy as Konata’s? Lol

June 1st, 2007 at 9:09 am

Aya Kyunik: You work next to a BreadTop! That’s awesome.

lu-k: I’m sure you’ll find one easily once you get into the larger cities.

homeless_homo: Not exactly. It’s kind of like a paste, but if I warm it up I’m sure it’ll be just as liquidly.

khardic_paladin

June 1st, 2007 at 10:43 pm

Couldn’t help but laugh at that. Awesome photography there too, you should take pics of food more often XD

(Damn now I want to go to the city even more than before!)

khardic_paladin

June 1st, 2007 at 10:44 pm

orz, that didn’t work out. I meant to quote you saying “I just ate the second one from the thin end and the chocolate just oozed out. Luckily I was eating in the kitchen so I didn’t make too much of a mess.”

June 2nd, 2007 at 12:32 am

khardic_paladin: you know you want one! Fixed the comment thing. Quotation doesn’t work well in WP afaik.

Hijiko

June 2nd, 2007 at 8:22 am

Should’ve taken a pic of you munching on it from the tail and the chocolate oozing out =P.

Danny Choo

June 2nd, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Looking at those pics makes me feel very very hungry right now ^^;

June 2nd, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Hijiko: Perhaps next time :P

Danny Choo: It does look good doesn’t it?

June 2nd, 2007 at 6:07 pm

We have bakery’s that sell a ton of these over here. Did you try to eat your coronet like how Miyuki told Konata so that the chocolate doesn’t come out lol.

June 2nd, 2007 at 11:01 pm

As in cut off the thin end to scoop the excess chocolate? Well not with these ones but I think I shall try next time I buy them.

Windbell

June 3rd, 2007 at 2:59 am

The chocolate seems harden :/ I seen some available at Kinokuniya over here. Might grab one of those and try it out.

puzk

June 3rd, 2007 at 8:24 am

You should try Taiyaki from Kura in Chinatown

June 3rd, 2007 at 9:30 am

Windbell: Originally it’s like that. You don’t want to pick it up and have it all spill out now do you?

puzk: I’ve had taiyaki from Kura II before but they weren’t anything special. What I want is a really big taiyaki.

homeless_homo

June 4th, 2007 at 3:26 pm

“I’ve had taiyaki from Kura II before but they weren’t anything special. What I want is a really big taiyaki.”

Me too Lol. A really big one with a cellphone inside.

Carlos

September 29th, 2007 at 4:31 am

Almost all the bread stores in Mexico had the cornet to sale, but I still looking for the chocolate one, because the flavor is the vanilla one. Mmmm, Could it be a nice snack in an anime convention? hehehehe, maybe.

Keki

October 14th, 2007 at 5:41 pm

weeeee i found choco cornets at the BreadTop in Hurstville, Sydney~ tastes awesome

KonaKona

June 23rd, 2008 at 12:47 am

Today me and my Dad is making a choco-cornet lol is it hard? YES IT IS!

Sora

July 29th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Hey I Soo Want to Try A Choco Cornet They Look SOOOOOOOOOO Good!!!!!!! Do U Know Any Places In Oregon Where They Make Choco Cornets?

karin

August 15th, 2008 at 6:43 am

um..do you know if they have a breadtop in america,southern california,perhaps?