A Lack of Posting

March 28, 2007 | Author: | In: Everyday Life

Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been posting recently. Reason behind that is that I’ve been having bandwidth issues for the past week and held off from blogging because of this. My blog is hosted on my good friend neuralPLEX’s hosting and his max bandwidth is not all that large. This month alone I’ve already used probably around 1/3 of his monthly bandwidth and this is purely because I underestimated the amount of people who have viewed my otaku room post. Here is a view of how many times it has been viewed already:

That is how many times it has been viewed since I posted it and it still grows everyday. So with this, I have decided to move to my own hosting and will most likely be looking towards Dreamhost. Although if people have other suggestions then please, leave your feedback.

Also of late my current search for work is still ongoing, with some more recent ones being slightly more successful than previous ones, but I still work packing shelves. Lately I have been working nearly everyday and saving for the clutch that I need to replace in my car. Figure photography has come to a halt for the time being but shall resume soon as I’m now trying out some more indoor photography, but it looks that I may have to revert to outdoors once again. Though with the cold approaching days of Autumn, it may be a bit difficult especially since days have been cloudy or rainy. But I won’t give up so look forward to another figure review sometime this week.

7 Responses to A Lack of Posting

ron~

March 28th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

mate, you can buy web hosting for just A$15-A$25 per year. That includes around 5gb bandwith per month. Just search it on ebay (ebay US, not ebay Australia). But you will need a paypal account. you don’t need to have credit card to make paypal account tho, paypal Australia accepts bank transfer :D.

Good luck with your job, I hope you will find one soon ^^b.

TedFox

March 28th, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Dreamhost was pretty good,but they had recent major outages recently. But I think it’s quite good and cheap for a non-comercial site.

I use singapore based hosting, where bandwidth is ridiculously high. For some reason i hit a spurt of bandwidth at the start of the month, and since then… i’ve tried means and ways to reduce bandwidth. haha

March 28th, 2007 at 5:23 pm

ron: I’ll be needing more than 5GB of bandwidth a month since my blog does on average 10GB a month. I wouldn’t have to worry much about using PayPal since I have a credit card anyway.

TedFox: that is one thing that turns me away from Dreamhost. But if there is anything similar to that I’d be looking into it.

Misuzu

March 28th, 2007 at 7:32 pm

Adun, I’ll host you for free if you want.

VN has a setup similar to animeblogger.net where we use Dreamhost as the primary hosting for the majority of the things and if you reach a point where you start causing Dreamhost to be a bit flickery becuase of exteremly high bandwidth or CPU usuage, we have a high speed dedicated server we can move you too. Plus I’ve got an old Dreamhost account, so its better then the current ones you can get.

And as for Dreamhost’s track record, they’ve actually been really good as of late. Last summer they were a large series of outages, but those were actually a result of the datacenter they were hosted in failing, not Dreamhost themselves. If it makes you feel any safer, those outages took out MySpace too.

PM me on the Gemot if your interested.

Misuzu

March 28th, 2007 at 7:35 pm

Oh, and one other thing, I already host Waffles, and you can talk to Spiritsnare and he’ll vouch for the quality of service =P.

Ironically your little blurb comes at a time where we are going to push a blogging service like animeblogger into beta next month, so the infastructor is already made =D.

Pete Zaitcev

March 29th, 2007 at 4:00 am

What is that about the room? Is it the one with Feena pillow? I linked to that too.

A competitor to Animeblogger would be nice, because one outage would otherwise disrupt like half of all the blogs I read.

March 29th, 2007 at 10:03 am

Misuzu: Thanks for the offer. I’ll have to think on that one for a moment since there are a few things I have to consider.

Pete Zaitcev: No its not the Feena pillow post. I made a post about my actual room with all my otaku goods.