Kanon DVD Volume 1 and 2

February 22, 2007 | Author: | In: Anime Blogs, Kanon, Merchandise

Ever since Amazon Japan changed their shipping policies, it has been quite awesome receiving my orders within a few days. Today I received the 2nd Volume of Kanon in only 2 days since it was shipped. But it’s also thanks to the postman, he always delivers my stuff first when he’s in the area. Volume 1 actually arrived early last month, just that I forgot about scanning it and doing a post about it.

So anyway, the first two volumes contain 3 episodes each and a special behind the scenes report from Kyoto Animation’s HQ. Also included is a commentary episode, Vol 1 going through episode 1 and Vol 2 going through episode 5. Like a lot of Japanese anime DVDs, they come with little extras. In each DVD, you get a bookmark with a 4koma on one side, a character card and the other side contains a print which is a small section of a larger image. So collect them all to form a bigger picture!

Kanon DVD Volume 1 Scans

If you want the high resolution scans of Volume 1, you can download the RAR file here.

Kanon DVD Volume 1 Scans

If you want the high resolution scans of Volume 2, you can download the RAR file here.

So far I’ve only watched the first DVD and there is not many differences that I can spot compared to the TV broadcast version. Although animations are sharper, and there’s more colour depth. But I can see that Kanon doesn’t suffer the same effect that the AIR TV DVDs did. In the AIR DVDs you could see lines amongst the background (not exactly sure what the technical name for this is) so that’s a plus. Even so, this will simply be added to my ever growing collection of Key merchandise.

EDIT: Sorry, download links fixed.

8 Responses to Kanon DVD Volume 1 and 2

Windbell

February 22nd, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Yay. Sayuri~ Need more sayuri love :)

Spiritsnare

February 22nd, 2007 at 5:07 pm

Three episodes per disc isn’t horribly bad…

Also, it needs more of The Jam.

TedFox

February 22nd, 2007 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the scans. Lovely.

Ray

February 22nd, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Wow, they usually release one or at most two episodes per DVD…Nice art they included with the DVDs.

Strichone

February 23rd, 2007 at 6:41 am

I love the alternate outfits.

B.T.W. The links to the RAR files don’t seem to work. Tried in both IE7 and Firefox.

On another note, Have you got any of the Suzumiya Haruhi statuettes yet? I currently have two of these and would love to read your reviews.

ron~

February 23rd, 2007 at 8:35 am

only 2 days shipping from japan? what shipping method did you use? :O and also how expensive was it?

February 23rd, 2007 at 10:16 am

Ray: a lot of Japanese anime DVDs usually contain about 3 eps per DVD if it’s a 24-26 ep series. If It was a 13 ep series they would usually contain 2 eps.

Strichone: Thanks for telling me. They are fixed now. At this point I don’t have any of the Haruhi figures except Kaiyado’s Mikuru which I’ve yet to take photos of. The Max Factory one is on pre-order, although I was damn sure I was in the first batch but it doesn’t appear to be so.

ron~: I used international economy shipping. Since Amazon Japan use DHL majority of the time it’s express shipping. Shipping for one DVD costs only 900 yen.

ZergBrooding

March 5th, 2007 at 9:21 pm

The outfit for nayuki and kaori looks like the outfit kanna wore during the dream arc in air, kyoani’s previous works and key’s games